·
Member #1
47,683 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
From Sony's Terms of Service which was updated in May

17. 3D DEVICE USE NOTICE
Some people may experience discomfort (such as eye strain, eye fatigue or nausea) while watching 3D video images or playing stereoscopic 3D games on 3D televisions. If you experience such discomfort, you should immediately discontinue use of your television until the discomfort subsides.

SCEA recommends that all viewers take regular breaks while watching 3D video or playing stereoscopic 3D games. The length and frequency of necessary breaks may vary from person to person. Please take breaks that are long enough to allow any feelings of discomfort to subside. If symptoms persist, consult a doctor.

The vision of young children (especially those under six years old) is still under development. SCEA recommends that you consult your doctor (such as a pediatrician or eye doctor) before allowing young children to watch 3D video images or play stereoscopic 3D games. Adults should supervise young children to ensure they follow the recommendations listed above.

PLEASE CONTACT SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC CONSUMER SERVICES FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS VIA OUR WEBSITE

I have italicized the applicable lines in the Sony Terms of Service.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Verbiage by every company is essentially the same for everyone. I suppose the 3D industry group developed the language for its members.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the warnings for 3D in general, i just saw the story today.

I think it's still especially relevant for Nintendo, though, since that is their core market, versus television sets which have broader appeal.

And no, I don't have any hate on for Nintendo... Why would you say that? Their games don't appeal to me, but their business is admirable. I post positive/negative thoughts on businesses/products regardless of whether they are a personal preference. Don't let my deep, bitter and uncontrollable resentment against Microsoft and its CEO bias my otherwise thoughtful and balanced commentary :)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The vision of young children (especially those under six years old) is still under development.
Anything from night lights to standard TVs can cause eyesight development problems in young children. That's everything every parent should be aware of.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Really??? I couldn't fathom how staring crosseyed at a 4" 3d screen could be detrimental to anyones eyes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts