Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
^^^^
Given that I use WPA2 encryption, why would that be "very important".

BTW, it's not my app. It's one I downloaded from the Android Market.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Speedtest.net now has an Adroid version. It's available on Android Market.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Old thread wow. Hopefully more can ad to this one.

I keep speedtest on tap for testing my friends wifi... I was sad to see a 7meg wireless connection at my friends place.... i only get 3-4 :(

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I installed UnblockMe (free) a couple months back - great timekiller if you like those kind of puzzles.
1200 levels plus challenge mode (try to finish every level again with the optimum solution)

Excellent app for free.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
AdFree for rooted phones is great. Blocks those annoying ads on games and certain apps and is updated all the time to keep the workarounds these companies use to get ads on your apps at bay.

·
Registered
322 Posts
GPS Status

GPS Status is pretty cool - shows the signal levels for all the satellites. My Nexus S has problems getting locks on GPS satellites (a common problem with the Nexus S).

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I'll vote for Tunewiki. It's a music player which automatically downloads scrolling lyrics for your music collection. How cool is that...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Trial X Demo: is a very fun game to try.. considering buying it.

Chrome to Phone: is supper handy when you want to send desktop links to your phone for on the fly viewing

Smooth Calendar: customizable widget i cannot live without

Multicon widget: Squeeze 4 icons where 1 sits now

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I don't know if this is an applet, but I finally found a way to stream video from my PC to my HTC Desire HD, with transcoding on the fly, and subtitles working properly. Even a 1080p mkv worked fine. It's called Qloud.

VLC S&C worked okay, but subtitles didn't always show up. I highly recommend Qloud, though I have only used it over my LAN, and not yet over the internet.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just released today: the NASA app. :D I just downloaded it and happily, it follows current practice of auto-detecting a tablet or hi-rez display.

·
Registered
58 Posts
One that help me a lot: Wi-Fi analyzer. It tells you about the channels available and used in your sector. There is so many wi-fi routers nowaday, it makes a difference many times to go in one less crowded.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just downloaded Zinio. It's finally available for Froyo and Gingerbread devices. Works very well on my Nexus One.

·
Registered
647 Posts
App Capture Utility?

A few apps that work great on my LG Shine+ flag as incompatible with my ASUS Transformer. Any way to some how capture the APK and manually load it?

Is there some way to fake out the market, even when it says the device is incompatible?

With 3.2 and the auto enlarge, some of the older apps can still perform fine.

Or maybe I just need to look for some downloaded APK's, but do they exist if installed OTA?

I want to run Zoompass and TD bank on my 10".
ING has a tablet optimized app.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I recommend Changelog Droid by Cypressious. Something I never understood with Android is when you update an app, you don't have an easy way of know what was updated. Some apps tell you the next time you run them, but many don't. This app pops up in your notification bar after you load or update and app and it gives you a changelog in a well laid out format. Free, too.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Playing MCE WTV Files

What app or technique can I use to play or stream MCE Recordings?

I can point MCE to store TV recordings on the WHS box.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts