Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Are you using OGG files or MP3s? OGG files do play gapless, while there would always be a delay with MP3 files. While my Galaxy S has a custom music player, I noticed on several Android forums that even the stock player wouldn't do it).

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
^^^^
The standard "Music" player plays both MP3s and Oggs on my Nexus One.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ninjump

Great Little game and stupidly addictive. You are a little ninja jumping from wall to wall trying avoid being killed by birds, squirrels and other little ninja's and their throwing stars or dynamite. If you take out three of any, you get a boost and zoom up the screen. Very Fun!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hero of Sparta FREE for Android!!!

All you have to do is go to gameloft.com on your phone, download their free "100% HD games" bookmark and then you can get Hero of Sparta for free. Cool little game!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been playing Lettered - cool little word game that is made specifically for handhelds (a key part of the gameplay is rotating the device & making the letters fall to the bottom of the screen).

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Need for Speed Shift is only $0.99. DL'd it yesterday, great little racing game for a buck!!!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My current must haves for my day to day use and play/stress release are in no particular order

app brain
ip cam viewer
android vnc viewer
mixzing
big oven
evernote
hi msn
google translate
paypal app
shake uninstal
wheres my droid
gmote
my paper airplane
flying aces
angry birds
air attack
duck hunter
flashlight

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Pulse (gets me reading RSS which I have normally hated)
redditisfun
Plume - twitter app
NHL app
Springpad - note syncing
Handscent - SMS replacement
Screen Filter - night time screen dimmer
AudioGuru - automatically changes audio levels based on time of day using profiles
Brightness Level - widget wickly lets you change screen brightness
PowerAMP - best audio player so far. Take if from a music junkie.
iSyncr - syncs iTunes library back and forth, so I can keep on using smart playlists based on ratings. Havent found another way to make that work.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
In an effort to reduce my bills i dropped my caller ID. :(

Does anyone recommend a CALLER ID app as an alternative?

·
Registered
303 Posts
In an effort to reduce my bills i dropped my caller ID. :(

Does anyone recommend a CALLER ID app as an alternative?
You told them to close the valve, you can change the plumbing on your end, you still won't get any water with the valve closed... ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
ya i know. i can live with it. We know who is texting us, so i just wonder if there was a work around app for caller id,

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dolphin Browsers mini and hd can now play flash videos. I was surprised and very happy to see this when I touched on ign daily fix hosted buy the hot Jessica Chobot and it loaded up and played.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Droid TV. Cool little app that has a decent variety of shows that download straight to your sd card, if you want. Now all we need is Droid movie!!!

Also Widgetsoid is great for replacing the stock power bar control and has way more options for the widget bar such as wifi tethering, air plane mode, 3g on/off, flashlight, soft reboot, etc., etc. Since I have started using the 3g/ on off switch, my 3g data usage has gone way down and battery life has gone up quite a bit. It is amazing how many little programs are always on and exchanging information all the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've recently installed some useful applets on my Nexus One. One is WiFinder, which displays what access points are in the vicinity. Another is a file manager called EStrongs File Explorer, which not only can be used for accessing files on the phone, but can also access smb and ftp servers. With this, I can browse the file shares on my home network. Both are available on the "Market".
You could add one very useful feature to your application. VERY IMPORTANT :)
Change MAC address of the WiFi of your phone to the random one when you start your application each time.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts