Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting black screens for the preseason NHL games on SSP tonight? Mine are black, there is suppose to be 2 games on, there both on SN but the west coast game is blacked out on SNP .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just talked to Eastlink CSR about this problem. What a useless discussion. She tried to say it is because of NHL blackout rules which is bogus. The channels won't even tune in on my DVR. I get the "This channel will be available shortly" error.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is bogus because we pay extra for the SSP to see all games, there only suppose to be blacked out on the regional sportsnet channels.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
But all Sportsnet channels including One are regional when it comes to the NHL.

But subscribing to NHLCI, should lift the blackout for out of region Sportsnet Channels.

If both games were on Sportsnet One or the Companion channel. Maybe we found the answer in regards to NHL and Sportsnet One in Canada.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No. The channels are simply not working. If you go to any SSP channel when a game is not on you get the FAN 590 audio and which channels have which games for that day. On the NHL CI channels (451-461 in my area) you get the error I stated above.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ottawa/Toronto game was on SN Ontario and Van/Cal was on SN Pacific, both those games were also on the guide for the SSP channels but both were blacked out on the SSP channels. The Tor/Ott game on SN Ontario wasn't blacked out but Van/Cal on SN Pacific was blacked out. No games are suppose to be blacked out on the SSP be it exhibition or regular season period.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they were blacked out, that's what they do, they turn them off to conserve BW. That's why the CSR told you also they were blacked out even though they shouldn't have been.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So why are all the other SSP channels right now playing the schedule and FAN 590 audio but the NHL CI channels give the following error "This channel will be available shortly"

It was never like that in previous seasons.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not all the SSP channels are on , your gravely mistaken. There are lots of the SSP channels turned off. Again they do it to conserve BW. I'm switching through them now and most are turned off so I have no idea what your talking about. Anyway this is not the topic at hand so please stick to the topic.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Been talking too eastlink and tweeting them its a tech issue they are looking into there is no signal on all ci channels the rest of the sports package are working fine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes it is a technical issue. Chicago/Tampa game is also not televised tonight. Has nothing to do with blackouts.
None of the game last night were on either its broken:

from my email:

Something wrong with the inbound video feed. Attempting to resolve.Being looked into.
Direct message sent by EastLink (@EastLink) to you (@MLBfanNL) on Sep 21, 8:46 PM.
Profilepic_normal
EastLink
@EastLink
Halifax, Canada

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have eastlink and my friend has Starchoice.....I had the same problem also but my friend on Starchoice had the free previews working so looks like it was an eastlink issue....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts