Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any bets on how long it will be before we get NHL games on Sirius Canada (i.e. Best of XM).

Also, does anyone know if Sirius Canada is ever planning to send the NHL game scores to the Game Alert capable radios? I remember when NHL was on Sirius I had a nice ticker which always kept me up to date on the game scores. Now all I can get is NBA and NFL scores.. :( You would think now that XM and Sirius have merged this would be a simple thing to enable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know very little of Sat radio, but I'm keeping an eye on this to see if it happens. I have a few components that are Sirius friendly and I might take the plunge if I can get my flames games ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any bets on how long it will be before we get NHL games on Sirius Canada (i.e. Best of XM).

Also, does anyone know if Sirius Canada is ever planning to send the NHL game scores to the Game Alert capable radios? I remember when NHL was on Sirius I had a nice ticker which always kept me up to date on the game scores. Now all I can get is NBA and NFL scores.. :( You would think now that XM and Sirius have merged this would be a simple thing to enable.
I have had this discussion with Sirius Canada many many times. The answer I get is always the same: "Sirius Canada is a different company from Sirius/XM USA, we did not merge with XM Canada and have no plans to do so. XM Canada has the NHL programming and Sirius Canada has no intention of bringing the NHL back in the near future. As long as Sirius Canada is not airing the games the ticker will not function."

So the bottom line is if you want NHL programming you have to get XM or wait until Sirius USA shuts down XM completely and forces Sirius Canada and XM to merge their content line-ups. My guess is if you are going to wait for that you might be waiting a long long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.