Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@LucasHood the TSN regional games should be the same as last year. (They didn't send out their broadcast schedule until Sept. 15.)

Montreal Canadiens on TSN2
Toronto Maple Leafs on TSN4
Ottawa Senators on TSN5
Winnipeg Jets on TSN3

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
TSN is home to the Winnipeg Jets, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, and Toronto Maple Leafs as part of its package of 190+ regional NHL regular season games. TSN delivers 60 Jets games on TSN3, 50 Canadiens games on TSN2, 55 Senators games on TSN5, and 26 Leafs games on TSN4, all in the teams’ respective designated broadcast regions.
26 Regular Season Toronto Maple Leaf Games are Live on TSN as Part of 2018-19 Regional NHL Broadcast Schedule

TSN Features Live Coverage of 50 Regular Season Montreal Canadiens Games as Part of 2018-19 Regional NHL Broadcast Schedule

TSN’s Ottawa Senators 2018-19 Regional NHL Broadcast Schedule Features Live Coverage of 55 Regular Season Games

TSN Announces 2018-19 Winnipeg Jets Regional NHL Broadcast Schedule, Featuring 60 Regular Season Games

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi folks, thought I post this here for those interested in Centre Ice, as I found out with speaking with a Shaw Direct representative via online chat:

Anyone wishing to subscribe to NHL Centre Ice (in this case Shaw Direct) you should wait until January 3rd as that's when they start offering their half season price of 139.00 or 4 payments of 35.00/month rate. Currently they are still on the regular rate which is $55.00/month or $219.00 as one payment.

I was changing my shaw programming and inquired about Centre Ice and they suggested me to wait until after the 2nd of January to add it. I would think this would be the same with the others out there as well, like Bell, Eastlink, Cogeco, Rogers and other Canadian telecoms that carry NHL Centre Ice.

Hope this helps, anyways folks I wish you all a wonderful and Happy 2019.

Cheers!

Since posting I've found this link: https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/support/article/8885/

·
Registered
850 Posts
Can somebody explain the regional vs national games one more time? Specifically for Canadian teams in Canada in English, my understanding is that Rogers holds all the national game rights. They can nationally air those games on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday nights. Other than those nights the games are regional, meaning that the games can only be aired in the teams' media market. Rogers holds the regional rights for VAN, CGY, EDM and half of TOR while Bell holds the rights of MTL, OTT, WPG and half of TOR.

Except that today (31/12) I watch SJS @ CGY on SN. That game is supposedly regional, is it not? On the TSN there are OTT, MTL and WPG games, all regional.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Calder Cup Playoffs on TSN

Games 1, 2, 5 and 7 of the second-round series between the Toronto Marlies and the Cleveland Monsters will be produced by Leafs Nation Network and will air live on TSN.

Game 1 – Wed., May 1 – Cleveland at Toronto, 7 p.m. ET on TSN2
Game 2 – Fri., May 3 – Cleveland at Toronto, 7 p.m. ET on TSN2
Game 5 – Sat., May 11 – Cleveland at Toronto, 4 p.m. ET on TSN (if necessary)
Game 7 – Wed., May 15 – Cleveland at Toronto, 7 p.m. ET on TSN (if necessary)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts