Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/10/nhl-lights-the-lamp-on-the-ps3/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nhl_gamecenter_111010

People that subscribe to GameCenter will be able to stream games on their PS3, while everyone else will have "access to a wide range of NHL content through the NHL GameCenter application. Fans will have access to features such as post-game highlights, team schedules, standings, player stats and profiles, and the full NHL scoreboard."

The app is $9.99, or free to Playstation+ subscribers.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Anybody else have a problem with this app?

Has anyone with a PS3 had issues with the gamecenter app not working.
I paid for it and it worked for a bit but now all I get is the NHL logo and the flashing pucks. Then when I hit the PS button to exit the application it re-starts my PS3.
I phoned Sony but the dude I talked to was no help at all. He didn't even know what the NHL was. So I deleted it and re-intalled it and it worked the 1st time but now it no work again. The Shaw PVR problem won't let me FF thru my recordings and now the PS3 app don't work. Grrrrr.
If anybody has any ideas that would be great, Thanx.

·
Banned
155 Posts
I have that exact same problem and have tried the same solution (uninstall, reinstall). Wish I could help more but for now we're in the same boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me Tooo

I really like the Condensed Games. But I have struggled with the NHL App on the PS3. I have had to Delete and Re-Install the App about once a week for the last two months.

I read in another forum that you can get better performance if you force the PS3 to 720p, so that I have done that.

I have a wired network in my house and Shaw High-Speed, so there should be no excuse for this not to work smoothly. However, I sometimes get 3-5 seconds of video folloowed by a stall, over and over.

The only thing that appears to work is rebooting my Dlink router. In desperation I turned off [Gaming Mode] and it appears to have reduced the stalls.

Anyway, I am sticking it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts