Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I live in New Brunswick and I sometimes like to watch Canadiens games on Centre Ice, the only problem is that they're are always blacked out and I'm told to go to RDS (I don't speak French). However I have friends in my neighbourhood with Bell's version of Centre Ice and the Canadiens games are not blacked out in favour of RDS. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't RDS only have Canadiens rights in the province of Quebec? I've contacted Shaw several times and they tell me it's the NHL's fault. I've contacted the NHL with numerous emails but have gotten no reply. I would appreciate anyones advise on insight on the issue, as it's becoming a real nuisance. Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
RDS has French-lang rights for all Habs games. This past fall, TSN picked up English-language rights for "local" games, which ecompasses Quebec, Atlantic provinces, and part of Eastern ON. Those games are shown on an alternate feed of TSN, called TSN-Habs. right now, Bell is one of the few (and perhaps only) provider to have this channel. Because you live in the Habs "home" market, you wont get their games on centre ice

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
You can only watch those games on RDS or TSN-Habs, an alternate feed that is only available on Bell TV and Bell Aliant Fibre-Op.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Go to your neighbour that has Bell that is what I have to do. It doesn't seem to help by complaining, but maybe if more did SD might re-act.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts