Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Saturday October 16 with a full slate of NHL hockey and Cogeco is showing no games in HD today according to guide, website schedule and barker channel. I notice that Rogers has 7 games in HD today. Cogeco's big announcement this past spring about dedicated Super Sports HD channels is now a joke.
It was the same thing last Saturday, a full slate of games and 0 in HD.. BRUTAL!! This looks like it's going to be a recurring nightmare on Saturdays unless a Miracle happens (lol)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agreed, Brutal, Can Cogeco or NHL Center Ice expain th reason we dont have all of the daily HD feeds? This does not make me want to subscribe to Cocego's Center Ice Package.
Also why dont we get the NHL® CENTER ICE® Extra, a live source for scores, stats, game previews and recaps like other carriers have?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I called Cogeco about no HD NHL Centre Ice games tonight (Oct. 16). CSR rep had no clue as to why. I have a contact at the Cogeco Corporate Office that I will call Monday and air my complaints.s

·
Registered
32 Posts
They don't have any games scheduled to be in HD for Saturday the 23rd either. I'll miss it when the free preview is over but at least I'll know there'd be a chance of me being stuck watching the Leafs on Saturdays anyway, even if I was a subscriber. (Yes, I know this past week was one of the very rare ones where Toronto didn't have a Saturday night game)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I contacted Cogeco today regarding this very topic and a CSR advised me that they do not have control over the Super Sports Pack. They received this product from Rogers and are at the mercy of Rogers in terms of what is shown. For example, the Michigan State / Northwestern college football game was supposed to be in HD today on the Super Sports Pack but apparently Rogers decided not to provide the HD feed to Cogeco. Same goes for NHL Centre Ice. I even noticed that Cogeco is unable to use their 4 HD channels and games overlap and are cut off. Nothing like a company selling a product they have no control over!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts