Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NHL Centre Ice HD on Cogeco: (Seems they are only using 2/4 CI HD Channels)

Thursday October 7th

7:00pm - Philadelphia at Pittsburgh... CH. 432 (SD) CH. 464 (HD)
10:00pm - Chicago at Colorado... CH. 432 (SD) CH. 464 (HD)

Friday October 8th

7:00pm - Dallas at New Jersey... CH. 433 (SD) CH. 464 (HD)
7:00pm - Anaheim at Detroit... CH. 434 (SD) CH. 465 (HD)

Games not Shown in HD for Friday:

7:30pm - Washington at Atlanta
7:30pm - Buffalo at Ottawa

Saturday October 9th

All Games are being shown in SD,

No Games are being listed for the CI HD channels in my guide yet

·
Registered
161 Posts
LOL Welcome to Cogeco's pathetic version of HD sports. They reserve all these channels to have them look pretty in the guide, get our hopes up then don't show anything. Great isn't it? Other than MLB, the channels are poorly used I find.... NFL/NCAA has been horrid so far.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NHL CI Free Preview

Just to let everyone now Cogeco is showing a Free Preview of NHL Centre Ice until October 24th

·
Registered
32 Posts
Should the preview include the HD channels too?
Channel 464 for PIT/PHI in HD says "the channel should be available shortly" but from reading other posts on here about the sports pack I'm not sure if the game isn't on because I'm not a subscriber or because of general incompetence on Cogeco's part :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I kept checking throughout the game and noticed the HD was available with around 9 minutes left in the third period

·
Registered
457 Posts
Chicago/Colorado is showing up in HD right now, here in Windsor. This is with the free preview, as I don't subscribe to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I called about the CHI/COR game not showing up on 464 (HD) last night. All I have is the subscription notice message. I called Cogeco and they have escalated to Engineering. Incompetance is increasing by the moment. I will be calling their corporate office on Monday as I have a contact there. I don't know why Cogeco does not open up all 23 HD channels similar to the SD version as opposed to having dedicated channels for specific sports in HD. I notice on the Barker screens that Rogers is now showing all NHL CI in HD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Penguins game didn't come on the HD channel and then the SD version suddenly disappeared and switched to the sports pack channel listings. The Buffalo/New York game is gone too.

People pay for this service?!! :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this thread because my buddy has problems with Habs games every single week with Cogeco. The games start late or disappear shortly after they start. It's crazy.

The Habs games show up on the time shifting CBC channel on Bell. I have no idea if Cogeco has the same chan. available through time shifting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The blackout didn't last for very long because at the start of the second period I was looking around and the game was back on. The New York @ Buffalo game that disappeared was replaced with another game, I think PHI/STL, but it eventually returned too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Saturday October 16 with a full slate of NHL hockey and Cogeco is showing no games in HD today according to guide, website schedule and barker channel. I notice that Rogers has 7 games in HD today. Cogeco's big announcement this past spring about dedicated Super Sports HD channels is now a joke.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts