Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had it on and ONLY saw SD and it was so bad...it was near the end of the 1st period. Then it went to sportsnet desk which was SD as well.

Strange

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had to go into my channel guide and check off the HD channels for Centre Ice so that they would display on my guide. Great watching all the Centre Ice games in HD for free for the rest of the month.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If the Centre Ice HD channels aren't displaying in your guide then you will need to customize your guide.

To do this:

Menu > Settings > Television > Customize Your Guide

Centre Ice HD channels are 1012 to 1018

Scroll down and check off channels 1012 to 1018.

Save it and they should now display in your guide.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Vancitysports, the outsourced tech support reps follow a flipchart and will tell you to reset your modem and your box first. You pretty much have to pressure them into reporting the issue with their second level of support. They first level reps can't even tune into the channel to see if they can see the same issues you are seeing. They say they "aren't trained to do that" but in fact they are in Guatemala or the Philippines and don't have access.
There were issues with both channels that night but one of them resolved itself while I was on hold for 20 minutes. The rep eventually confirmed it with me that it was a known issue.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a buddy who has Centre Ice with Telus and wants to confirm that there is no HD for tonight's Minnesota at Calgary game. The zap2it site is showing no HD even though there are three HD channels not showing any games (1013, 1014, and 1016).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was at a friend's place who has Telus Optik and just watched the Flames-Stars game on Centre Ice, channels 1002 SD and 1012 HD. No problems but for whatever reason, the camera feed appeared darker than normal. We looked at other channels and they were fine.

Another thing we have noticed through out the past month or so with other people who have Bell is how the Centre Ice channels are selected for the games. This is an odd observation (and being a numbers freak) but there seems to be a direct relation between the Bell and Telus Optik channels. The Flames-Stars game was on Bell channels 426 SD and 1451 HD. The difference between the two carriers for the SD channels is 576 (1002-426) and for the HD channels it is 339 (1451-1012). The past Flames games and the upcoming ones on Monday and Wednesday have the same difference. Is this just a coincidence with Telus Optik or is there something more to it?

221 - 230 of 230 Posts