Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting really pumped for NHL and noticed the release date is Sep 7th, which happens to be a Saturday. I'm just wondering if anyone's heard any word of a midnight opening from FS or BB?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
September 7th is actually a Tuesday. I also can't see them doing a midnight launch for a sports game (especially one that comes out every year).

(edit - beat me by a few seconds) :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
here's my question. do you buy it for PS3 or Xobox 360? I've had the last incarnations on 360 but would be up to buy it on PS3. your thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can do a pre-order for both the 360 and PS3 from Airmiles.ca for 800 points. If you shop at Safeway, thats not half bad..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After playing around with the NHL 11 demo, I gotta say I'm very impressed. Just when you think the NHL series has topped out, they make it even better. Great job EA, can't wait till Sep 7th.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Its more refined than 10, it seems. Passes now leave your stick when you release the button. Faceoffs are a bit more engaging with a battle, and ability to select forehand or backhand. AI seems a bit better in terms of cycling the puck. Hits are not massive crashes everytime. They varry from small rub out to slow take down to the big hit.

Overall more realism, I would say.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Revolutionary Real-Time Physics Engine

All-New Hockey Ultimate Team

More than 200 Gameplay Enhancements

An all-new faceoff system, quick dekes, the new Hit Stick, and hip checks are just some of the many gameplay improvements that make NHL11 the most authentic hockey video game experience to date.

Broken sticks

Be a Pro Enhanced
For the first time ever, begin your career playing for the Canadian Hockey League’s Memorial Cup. Playing with and against licensed CHL players from the Western Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and Ontario Hockey League, experience both highs and lows of junior league hockey action. Get scouted, enter the NHL entry draft, and see if you can become the greatest player of all time.

All-New EASHL Dynasties

Restricted Free Agents

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty stoked for Ultimate Team. This has been one of my favorite features in Madden '11. I had a huge disappointment with NHL 10 last year where it wouldn't connect to the EA Servers no matter what. Tried it on two PS3's at different places with different internet providers. Not much help from EA at the time but still enjoyed it.

The demo does connect! Also super excited about CHL teams being included this year.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Moving block? How to?

Hihi

I can play video games such as NHL 11 and I am really enjoying but I would enjoy it more if someone can tell me how to move players around from roster to roster or league to league.

e.g I want to move a player from the OHL to the NHL, I moved someone to the "moving block" and that took him out of the teams lineup but I have no idea where to find him now? :(

Why don't these games come with manuals lol

thanks for any help

1 - 20 of 22 Posts