Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty surprised CTV is showing the Chicago Buffalo game at Skydome on both Toronto and SWO CTV. Wonder if they have to?

Although theres not really a stand out game at 1pm, [email protected] are two good teams, but not really TV draw heavy teams.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Friends don't let friends watch the Bills..

I didn't get Sunday Ticket this year and its programming decisions like CTV's that make me regret it at times.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I don't see how you can consider this a bad decision. The game is taking place in Toronto and both Toronto and SW Ontario get Bills games often. Just be glad it isn't at 4:00 because it would probably be on all City stations and Sportsnet East.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I guess this is rights issue since CTV Montreal gets Patriots @ Browns from CBS.

However, I can not help that the schedule is rather strange that day. Usually both CBS and Fox air one game each at 13:00 and at 16:00 either one of them continue with its double-header. For 07 November CBS has the double-header and Fox the single one. However, Fox Burlington will air its single game at 16:00 instead of the usual 13:00 making the Bill game not available.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It usually works that way because the single-header network schedules the best game at 1:00. This week the best game on Fox is at 4:00 because it is in Seattle. Of course when I say "the best game", I mean the best game for the Burlington market.

·
Registered
883 Posts
It usually works that way because the single-header network schedules the best game at 1:00. This week the best game on Fox is at 4:00 because it is in Seattle. Of course when I say "the best game", I mean the best game for the Burlington market.
You are right, now I see that it is the best game for that market. And it is not as much as Seattle as it is the away game for New York Giants. Fox Burlington serves Vermont, part of New Hampshire, Northern New York and Southern Quebec.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is CBS now letterboxing their SD broadcasts as well?

Citytv is letterboxing the [email protected] CBS feed.

Buffalo SD had it normal until cityv simsubbed. Why cant it go 1 week without a screwup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts