Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On CTV and TSN2, the new NFL season kicks off on Sunday, Sept. 12 at 1 p.m. ET with a full slate of marquee NFL match-ups. This weekend’s games on CTV and TSN2 are as follows:

• Cincinnati @ New England – airing on CTV HD West, CTV British Columbia, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Winnipeg, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Ottawa, CTV Montreal and CTV Atlantic

• Miami @ Buffalo – airing on CTV HD East, CTV Toronto and CTV Southwestern Ontario

• Carolina @ New York Giants – airing on CTV Alberta and TSN2

I wonder, will Rogers simsub CTV-W HD over Seattle-CBS-HD for the [email protected] game?

Cant find what Citytv is doing at 4pm, but I would wager its [email protected] with Sportsnet picking up the scraps from the other 4 pm games. (if theres no baseball?)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Citytv and Sportsnet distribution for the weekend

-4:00pm, San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks - Citytv Vancouver; Sportsnet Ontario, West
-4:00pm, Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles - Citytv Toronto, Winnipeg, Alberta; Sportsnet East, Pacific

Also TSN will have Minnesota-New Orelans on Thursday night (8:30pm ET), Dallas-Washington on Sunday night (8:15pm ET), and Baltimore-NY Jets and San Diego-Kansas City on Monday night (7:00pm and 10:15pm ET).

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Don't forget Thursday Sept 9th

On CTV and TSN2, the new NFL season kicks off on Sunday, Sept. 12 at 1 p.m. ET with a full slate of marquee NFL match-ups.
NBC is carrying the NFL kickoff special at 7:30 PM Eastern and Minnesota at New Orleans at 8:30 PM Eastern

·
Super Moderator
4,487 Posts
NFL Week 1- Canadian Listings

Free free to post any holes in the schedule

Times below are local:
CTV Toronto/CTV Southwestern Ontario/ WIVB
1:00pm Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

CTV Ottawa/CTV Northern Ontario/CTV Montreal/ WBZ/ WWJ
1:00pm Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots

CTV British Columbia/ KIRO/ KREM
10:00am Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots

CTV Winnipeg
12:00pm Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots

CTV Saskatchewan
11:00am Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots

CTV Atlantic
2:00pm Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots

CTV Alberta
11:00am Carolina Panthers at New York Giants

TSN2
1:00pm Carolina Panthers at New York Giants

WJBK Detroit
1:00pm Chicago at Detroit

-------
Late Games:
WUHF, WJBK, WFXT, CITY, RSN-East
Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles

RSN-Ontario, KAYU, KCPQ
San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

·
Registered
988 Posts
So glad to see NFL is back and in full force. For the Saints - Vikings opening game yesterday the average overnight rating was 17.7 with a 28% share for NBC (per NFL Network). I have to wait a week and a half now until my Saints play their next game. :(

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was mostly watching tennis but I tried to watch some NFL. But almost every time I put it on they were at a commercial. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Horrendous simsubbing for the buf-mia game, especially at 4pm.

Simsub was dropped automatically (I guess assuming tennis was supposed to kick in), but this froze the CBS feed, and missed a good minute of the LAST minute of the game. BIG TIME error.

And isnt FOX now doing all letterboxing? Citytv's Foxs SD simsub was just plain weird, things look cut off, and when Fox went to show stats, higlights, etc, it was really cut off bad.

And now with the citytv sub dropped, Fox buffalo is picking up extra Stl-Ari coverage, and its letterboxed. So citytv screwed up?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Not technically simsubbing... but Sportsnet East is missing commerical breaks something fierce...

The reason FOX looks messed up is because only the score bug and FOX Sports logo are 4x3 safe. The normal in game graphics still use the full 16 x 9 screen, so when the Canadian channel chops down the sides to get it 4x3, those are lost... funny because in the preseason even the score bug and FOX logo were all outside the 4x3 safe zone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts