Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
What happened!?! Just came on to see what's going on with ST/CI this season and had to read through pages of threads that just made me angrier. Damn Shaw Direct. You greedy bastards. This company must be run by idiots. Honestly. Some of the stuff they do just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
210 Posts
still ticks me off especially since I see other providers offering just NFLST - eg SaskTel - 139$ for the season.

The CSR that I talked to told me that I was getting Redzone and Online for free. I said then why the price increase....no specific answer. Rezone I wont use since I follow the stats close enough to know who is scoring when and as for the online, my slow Satellite internet will make that service unusable.

Go Steelers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't get a chance to call yesterday but I subscribed today and I let them know I wasn't too pleased about getting 2 of 3 services I did not want. In any case, life sucks and costs money too.

As for the online login, the lady I talked with didn't seem to understand the whole thing. Not surprising. So I have no clue where to go or what the login is. Guess I'll have to email to ask them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know. It makes no sense to have Redzone AND ST. I mean, why bother watching RZ when you already have all the games? The online thing could be of some use to me depending on how I actually get it because no info was provided to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was a ST subscriber until last season. I was ticked off at Shaw for changing to Mpeg4 and basically forcing subscribers to upgrade receivers. I already had two 530 receivers and did not want to buy new ones. So, I decided to forget ST and try RZ. I figured for 50 bucks, it could be a deal and it was still being broadcast in the older mpeg method.

I was pleasantly surprised how the channel is run. First off, there's no pre or post game shows. Plenty of other places to see that, so no loss there. The network begins broadcasting at 1 pm ET with a quick overview of that days games. After that, whatever game actually starts first, you get to see that kickoff and all other subsequent kickoffs. Once the games are underway, whichever team is closest to their opponents endzone, is shown. If more than one team is on the verge of scoring, you get split screen coverage during that time. There are NO commercials on RZ, so the action is constant.

I like the fact that I am able to watch all games at once. It is impossible to flip back and forth between games with ST and keep up with all the action. RZ does a tremendous job transitioning between games and the host Scott Hansen provides necessary commentary without being too chatty. Also whichever game is being shown, game commentary is provided by the crew covering the main broadcast. After all the days games end, they show all the touchdowns of the day back to back. Pretty cool to see forty-something touchdowns all in a row!

Bottom line, I really like RZ! I am subscribing again this season!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know. It makes no sense to have Redzone AND ST. I mean, why bother watching RZ when you already have all the games? The online thing could be of some use to me depending on how I actually get it because no info was provided to me.
I tend to agree, however, I actually like the RZ channel when my team of interest isn't playing (be it early or late as the case might be). Then I'll put on RZ and just keep an eye on the rest of the games and I find it to be the best way to watch the NFL when you don't have any deep interest in a specific team.

On another note, the guide has updated showing which games Shaw plans on showing on the ST HD channels this week and once again they are simply blowing it. I can look at the schedule and look at what's on the networks/TSN/etc. and deduce which games they should be showing on the ST HD channels for maximum HD coverage in a matter of seconds. Why can't Shaw Direct do the same!?

In their infinite wisdom, Shaw is showing the following games at 1pm:

NFLHD1: ATL at KC
NFLHD2: WSH at NOR (TSN2/FOX-E/FOX-W)
NFLHD3: MIA at HOU
NFLHD4: JAX at MIN
NFLHD5: No game

Two of the nine early games will not be available in HD: PHI at CLE and STL at DET. Obviously, remove the Saints game from HD2 and replace it with one of these and throw the other on HD5 and then you've got all 9 early games available in HD either via ST or Fox/CBS/CTV/TSN2.

I understand SD doesn't have the capacity to carry all games in HD, I get it. But what I don't get, and there's no excuse for, is how come they can't take 3 mins out of their busy schedules like I did and simply figure out the best way to use what they have? If they did then most weeks, if not all, they should be able to show every game in HD between their 5 STHD channels + what the networks are carrying. And for $50/mth now, I really don't think that's too much to ask. :mad: Though I guess most of the time last year they'd put 2 or sometimes 3 games on the STHD channels that were available on the networks so I guess this is an improvement, but still...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm so sick of SD's use of Sunday Ticket.
For the reason mentioned above, lack of HD & now the price increase.
For the 1st time in many years I will not be getting ST.
Hopefully many do the same and maybe someday SD will figure this **** out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got my code from customer service (via email), but no web site to use it with. I tried creating an account on nfl.com and feeding it the access/discount code I got from SD support, but nfl.com rejects it saying it's no good for the product I was trying to buy (NFL Game Pass). So there must be a special site to use the code, still waiting to hear back from SD support on that URL.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got my code from customer service (via email), but no web site to use it with. I tried creating an account on nfl.com and feeding it the access/discount code I got from SD support, but nfl.com rejects it saying it's no good for the product I was trying to buy (NFL Game Pass). So there must be a special site to use the code, still waiting to hear back from SD support on that URL.
I think (not sure) it's this site:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/sundayticketshawgo

Did they give you a "redemption code"? I emailed yesterday and haven't gotten a response.

·
Registered
415 Posts
10-4 Had to call them but got my access code, created my account, login and get the list of games to watch, says subscription not active yet. So we'll see what happens sunday. I don't really need it, but it's the principle of the matter for me, I'm paying for it so it better work regardless of if I use it or not

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now having looked at the site, but not yet using my access code to register, it appears that this is a subset of NFL Game Pass features - basically it appears you only get access to the live feeds on Sunday afternoons - no access to archived games, etc. I really have no interest in this feature, but I'm sure someone else might. Nothing from SD says I can't sell my promo code and the nfl.com TOS only says I can't share my account id/pwd. So it seems one could further reduce the crazy price increase of ST this year by selling this promo code, no?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. I guess I'll have to call them back to get the code. I agree that I don't really need it but since I'm being forced to pay for it I may as well use it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had the online Sunday Ticket 2 seasons back thinking it would be good for those games that aren't on an HD channel. The problem I had with them was that they were about 3-4 minutes behind real-time and I would see updates or ticker updates on the TV before they happened on the computer. Hopefully its a little closer to real-time this year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I dont have a dog in this fight anymore, but it's crazy that you guys have to jump through all these hoops just to get the product that you paid for....what is wrong with this company???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I dont have a dog in this fight anymore, but it's crazy that you guys have to jump through all these hoops just to get the product that you paid for....what is wrong with this company???
a lot is wrong with this company and its not looking like its getting better !!! LOL

·
Registered
629 Posts
^^^More to the contrary. They actually look like they are getting worse. They seem to be upsetting subs that have been faithful for long periods of time.

Hopefully the CRTC approves the Acanac IPTV product soon for some more competition.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts