Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just called loaded with the info I've gotten from this thread. I got hung up on the first time and had to call back..I received 2 different answers from 2 different people about the combo package. 1st dude told me it was no longer available and the 2nd dude told me they hadn't negotiated a price yet..I'm pretty sure he had no clue. No is a better time then any for me to switch to shaw digital ( already have phone and internet ) so I will give them a call tomorrow and see what we can work out. Does anyone happen to know what the CI monthy charge is for Shaw Digital?

·
Super Moderator
4,478 Posts
NHL Centre Ice pricing has not been announced as we aren't sure if there will be a season this year.
Last year was $30/ month, and if you paid $30 in September for NFLST, you would get NFL ST and NHLCI for just $30 more than NHLCI alone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am currently doing the online chat with a Shaw Rep and he is quoting me 51.95/month for Center Ice this year. If true that is outrageous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i think Shaw Direct is starting to go crazy with Prices when they offer nothing and raise cost every year !!

there lacking in HD Channels
there Sports packages are limited to Sports in HD
there Receivers are not that good and still have not enable the Features to them
they dont offer u the Choice to pay for the Sports packages 1 shot deal (because u pay it monthly)

i hope they dont charge NHL pack $50 a month because they will loses most Subs which am sure there losing now NFL $50 a month and not in HD !

just look @ the Items for Sale in this Forum , a few members here are selling the Dishes and Receivers ..

LOL !!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have subscribed to NFLST for many years in a row but will not subscribe at $50.00 per month. That to me is a rip off - maybe if everything was in HD but not for what SD has offered in the past for HD. The games are almost unwatchable when not in HD.

·
Registered
629 Posts
^^^Even if it was all in HD, it's still a rip off.

If they decide to raise the price of NHL CI $22 per month this year, i'm OUT. I'll cancel right then and there. Sick of this!

·
Registered
227 Posts
not sure if anyone else noticed but there are 5 NFLHD channels now in the guide. Not sure if that will stay (last year they started with 4 but went down to 3 by season start). If it stays 5 that's progress, but still not enough to cover all games in HD for the 1pm EST timeslot

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
not sure if anyone else noticed but there are 5 NFLHD channels now in the guide. Not sure if that will stay (last year they started with 4 but went down to 3 by season start). If it stays 5 that's progress, but still not enough to cover all games in HD for the 1pm EST timeslot
they had 5 near the end of the season too but many games were the same as the Networks(CBS FOX Sportnet TSN and CTV)!

so i would think it would be still the same crap

·
Registered
251 Posts
ya...non starter...they say that on the NHL channels too....usually a carbon copy of sportsnet......

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can anyone tell us a little about Red Zone who has had it in the past. I assume the channel is only active on Sunday during games. Is there anything else to this channel other than going from game to game when teams are about to score. Is there a pre game show or post game show, when does the channel end programming, after the last game in the afternoon?

Regarding the NFL Sunday Ticket channels available, also noticed in the Shaw D guide that they currently have 5 HD channels, but why in the heck do they have 14 SD channels???

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ya i'd like a bit more info too on Red Zone. If all it is showing the drive in the red zone, that isn't for me, I like to see my fantasy player drive from beginning to end and like to watch a game, not just the scoring.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Can anyone tell us a little about Red Zone who has had it in the past. I assume the channel is only active on Sunday during games. Is there anything else to this channel other than going from game to game when teams are about to score. Is there a pre game show or post game show, when does the channel end programming, after the last game in the afternoon?

Regarding the NFL Sunday Ticket channels available, also noticed in the Shaw D guide that they currently have 5 HD channels, but why in the heck do they have 14 SD channels???
from what i remember there not much of a pregames show or a postgame show !!
its mainly when i game is on the Redzone it switch to it or if there more then one 1 in the redzone it will split screen and u watch them !!

As to why there SD channels for NFL Sunday Ticket know one really knows !
its Shaw Direct stupidity and they dont know what they doing i figure !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well this sucks. It's still a few bucks cheaper than Bell and in the US they still pay more so I guess it was bound to happen. I always figured that 29.99 / month was rather low. What makes me angry is that they force 3 services down your throat when I only want one. Why would you need Redzone if you have all the games? This online thing might be useful to stream to friends who can't see a particular game (if I can figure out a way to do it). This is the only way to see all my Cowboys games and for my dad to see all his Giants games. Guess I'll have to fork it over. Not happy though.

As for the log in Danny, I'm calling on Wednesday to subscribe so I should get an answer then. I'll respond with the info.

·
Registered
629 Posts
$30/month is not cheap. Especially when you get half the games on the major networks anyways.
As for the online code, you can just email CS after the package has been added to your acct and they will email you back the online code. It's usually the easiest way to do it.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts