Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,478 Posts
At least with the centre ice code, you can use it to watch NHL on your Smart phone or SMART TV. I haven't seen field pass as an option with my SMART TV or iphone

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i hope they add another package of the NFL because this one sucks if u ask me @ that price !!!

i dont need the Internet games if i did i would go to NFL.com and pay for the Game Pass that will cost me cheaper then SD !!!

they should keep it like last season $29.99 for the NFL or $29.99 for NHL/NFL :rolleyes:

or just increase it by $5

i dont wanna see the xtra @ that price

and All Games Should be in HD
either way they broadcast every game in HD now so shaw direct cant tell as they dont !!

·
Registered
629 Posts
When I had Shaw Direct they gave me a code for Centre Ice online after entering it I got this long online form to fill out I said screw that & went back to my tv, I find watching stuff online a pain in the backside.
You only have to fill in the long form once, then year after year just enter the new code with your old U/P.

magnet - I didn't know you are able to watch NHL gamectr on your phone. What platforms support this and do you have to buy an extra app for it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The straight online package from NFL.com is 209 bucks... This is certainly worth it, just for the ability to stream the games away from home. I might be making a buy for the deluxe.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=7&ttp=3&icampaign=Prod_GP_Nav

{edit to add}

Just because they say order now, it doesn't mean you can order now. At this point, I would rather spend the extra 9 bucks a month for going completely online, as opposed to being told I have to wait for the first Sunday of the season.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I didn't know you are able to watch NHL gamectr on your phone. What platforms support this and do you have to buy an extra app for it?
both android and iphone..as well as tablets have an app that you download...works really well actually..free to download and with your username and password you are in..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gamepass

The early posts in this thread got me spooked so I went with gamepass from NFL.com this year its all HD plus i get redzone channel and NFL network in HD. Airplay from my iphone or iPad to my apple tv and im in business and not chained to my CPU. This also includes all the pre season and thursday night games as well. The condensed game feature is really nice to see the first series or two of every preseason game to see what the starters looked like(fantasy) you can see it all in 10 min per game. Plus the ability to take it with me. It just seemed like a better value over all. I had the package from SD last year and it was awful. Fine if your team was playing in HD but when there not its just hard to watch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I can confirm with one of the earlier posts that they will be offering the $29.99/month package as well. I contacted one of the sales reps, and that is what she told me. I'm guessing the Red Zone HD package is just a premium option.

·
Registered
409 Posts
when's the ncaa package coming? rogers has had the supersports for years and bell has an ncaa package, shaw direct is the only one way behind the times again :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
shaw direct is the only one way behind the times again

That's the way it's always been. It should be part of it's slogan

Shaw Direct "Always Behind the Times - Until the Final Sub Quits"

I'm actually surprised that we aren't receiving emails now that say:

Coming Soon - in early 2025, our new Anik T2 satellite with 64 Ku + Reverse DBS transponders that will deliver over 400 HD Channels in 3D. Existing subs will require the new Ku/DBS LNBF - only $99 - call now to book your upgrade.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey guys, I can confirm with one of the earlier posts that they will be offering the $29.99/month package as well. I contacted one of the sales reps, and that is what she told me. I'm guessing the Red Zone HD package is just a premium option.
Hi Everyone,

I can't find any information that there's still a $29.99 package available. NFL Sunday Ticket is now NFL Sunday Ticket Deluxe and includes the Red Zone and Online access (as seen here, there definitely seems to be an appetite for that delivery method).

As for the package deal with NFL and NHL Centre Ice that's usually available, I'm sure everyone is aware of the uncertainty around whether there will actually be NHL hockey this season. There's no sense in offering a package until details are confirmed and we know there's going to be hockey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered the regular ST package earlier this afternoon at the same price as last time, so it must still be available.

And honestly, if it's being considered that the new package will replace the legacy pricing altogether -- some of us don't need the online option or the RZ channel. We're already watching the games we wanted to watch by buying the NFL ST package in the first place. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I ordered the regular ST package earlier this afternoon at the same price as last time, so it must still be available.

And honestly, if it's being considered that the new package will replace the legacy pricing altogether -- some of us don't need the online option or the RZ channel. We're already watching the games we wanted to watch by buying the NFL ST package in the first place. :)
i called and she told me they only offer NFL Sunday Ticket Deluxe !!
i told them i dont need the RedZone or ur online games !!
she told me then am out of luck there not offering that package anymore !!!

man!! Shaw Direct peeps are driving me nutz

maybe time to look @ other providers

ill wait 2 more weeks and see what happens

·
Registered
478 Posts
So, fired off a less than kind email to SD. Got a really nice reply back that said, yes I COULD preorder. So, now I'm trying again because that savings plus the portability plus Red Zone makes it worth it.

[the adventure continues]

So, finally got a call back. Guy inadvertently hangs up on me. It's like they don't want my money and will go to great lengths to not take it.

Once more into the breach!

[The final battle]

I have won! Sunday Ticket Deluxe is now mine. The online aspect of it looks to be a hassle initially, but once I'm there, I'm good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
well i got the Deal from last year
NFL $29.99 and if theres NHL season they will mix it in @ the same price

@ least i hope they dont screw me over

but u have to call in to get the deal from what he told me

·
Registered
478 Posts
So, got my code to login. No preseason, so there's no advantage to the early code. There is no access to the archives. No Playoffs, CTV has them anyway. No Red Zone, which is fine because that will be on the dish. Only Sunday 1 and 4 PM games. No mobile access, which sucks but can be worked around if you are clever. The content is region locked, so if you try your VPN, you're going to get your account blocked. I would think, however, that if you were to use a VPN with a Canadian IP, you could watch in the states.

The mobile access thing is going to be a PITA, but I think I can hotspot my phone and use my notebook or netbook (perhaps my tablet) to get around the restrictions. Or, I'll stream from my home PC to my phone.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts