Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Reply from Ask Jim

Hello Danny,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I can certainly assist you.

I am sorry if you have received any misguided information regarding advanced knowledge about Shaw Direct carrying NFL Sunday Ticket in the upcoming season. We have not been informed that we will not be carrying it this season, so as far as we know we will have it. Normally we cannot add NFL Sunday Ticket to customer’s accounts until mid to late August, when the computer codes become available. If you are interested in adding NFL Sunday Ticket simply email us near the end of August with your account number, and we will add it for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and please include any previous correspondence with your replies.

Thank you for choosing Shaw Direct,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I don't know if this clears anything up, I've never dealt with ask jim, so I don't know how accurate their responses are...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Of course it will be available, but will it all be available in HD?
SD is unwatchable at this point. If it's not entirely HD I won't be getting it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Last year...the CSR promised me that ALL NFL and NHL games would be broadcast in HD...he lied....I have a firend that has cogeco, and another that has Bell...and as an experiment, I called them while a Shaw Direct SD game was going on to see if they could get it in HD...sure as sh(%, they both could.....so, if the CSR ever tells you that it's the only broadcast of a particular game and it's out of their control, that's likely not true...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone got a real confirm on this?

Debating pulling the trigger for the online version and watching via "airplay" through apple tv paired with my mac. If Shawdirect does indeed pull this from the offerings, I will officially pull the trigger on cable completely and get everything online.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm with most of you, but I'm not currently a SD customer. Would love to get on board, but this issue is a major problem for me... I'm like you, PEIShawDirect - I'm considering the online feed and using ATV to put it up on the big screen. No idea what that feed is like in terms of quality or reliability thought. Only a few more weeks to find out...

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket™ Deluxe
$49.98 per month*
Includes:

NFL Sunday Ticket™

Watch up to 14 games of ground-and-pound NFL action every Sunday for 17 weeks. That’s 49 hours of exciting action in a single day.

NFL RedZone HD

Take a journey around every NFL game on Sunday afternoons to watch touchdowns and the most exciting moments live and in high-definition. This channel keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play – a must have for any NFL fan!

NFL RedZone HD is also available as a standalone for $49.98 for the whole season.

NFL Sunday Ticket™ Online

Want to catch every tackle online? NFL Sunday Ticket™ Online is available to all NFL Sunday Ticket™ subscribers, where you will have access to:

NFL Sunday Ticket™ games in 100% HD
Full DVR controls
Picture-in-Picture viewing
Player statistics, and so much more
So it looks like Shaw isn't lying when they say all games will be available in HD.
You just need to watch them on your PC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is an interesting move now that DirecTV is charging the same $200 this year for NFLST.

Just off phone.. Agent reported that there will be the NFLST packages that we are used to (NFLST or NFLST/NHLCI) in addition to the NFLST Deluxe that is listed on the site currently. No pricing at this time.

I also asked about the requirements of the 6xx series receiver. I was told that I could continue to use my 505 for HD signals as I did last year.

Seems too early to get solid information. YMMV.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So maybe the "Deluxe" option gives you "HD access" to all of the games, but just online, and for a monthly markup... I can't see myself signing up with SD this season just to watch specific games through my computer. I can do that with the NFL Game Pass. Yes, I realize there are pros/cons with each.

Maybe I'll have to suck it up and go with Rogers after all? Ugh.

·
Read Only
629 Posts
A $20 price hike? Are you kidding me? I'm not an NFL fan but this is ludicrous! They better not have any kind of a hike for NHL CI. If they do i won't be subscribing AND i will leave SD for another provider! Period! I'm sick of these constant hikes for no reason whatsoever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price Increase

it is not what I expected but since I order both Sunday Ticket and Redzone last year, it was costing me ~$37.50 +taxes per month last year. So really its a 12.50 increase for the online version which isn't something I need but given it would cost 69.99 for it alone if I didn't re-up with SD, then it isn't bad. Plus I travel a fair amount and will be able to catch the browns on the go.

·
Read Only
629 Posts
They should at least give a second option so you can still get everything separate like they did last year. What about those who don't want the online and RedZone? Why are they being forced to pony up for the whole package?

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
Personally, with the amount of games available in Canada without NFLST, signing up the ADHD-certified RedZone Channel for $50 for the year may be the better deal.
I watched the preview of the channel in Week 1 last year, and the lack of commercials and just pure NFL action was quite a treat, unlike last night's MNF pre-season snoozer Dal 3 - Oak 0.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Agreed on just doing RedZone. It was $50 last year too, so no hike in price there. I stopped getting NFLST when I switch to SD as I refuse to pay for it when not all the games are in HD. I tried RedZone for the first time last year and it's amazing. It's all HD, and it's like someone is changing the games for you but with the hindsight of knowing which game to go to and when. I like it so much, I'd still probably just get RedZone each year, even if/when SD does NFLST all in HD.

To me NFLST is good if you have a specific team you want to watch week in and out, but RedZone is better for people who just like to watch live HD Football for many hours on Sunday, and don't care about a specific team.

Just my 2 cents. PS - if you play fantasy football, then RedZone, again is amazing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also note.....

there is an application call Air Parrot that will allow you to stream your PC to an apple tv as well. How I plan to watch preseason games. Also, may make the NFL Gamepass online version accessible for some. I am interested in the ability to watch 4 games at once on one screen.

·
Registered
580 Posts
When I had Shaw Direct they gave me a code for Centre Ice online after entering it I got this long online form to fill out I said screw that & went back to my tv, I find watching stuff online a pain in the backside.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts