1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
i spoke to a Shaw Direct Rep
i ask her if they will provide all NFL Sunday Ticket games in HD this year
She Told me this year they will provide every game in HD !!

but we all know that Shaw Direct Reps do lie some times or are misinformed

does anyone here know if they will provide all NFL games in HD this Year ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
maybe, I don't think that will mean more HD Sunday ticket channels, but between the national feeds, and local feeds in HD on fox cbs ctv etc, and the 4 or 5 HD ticket channels, I could see it. Here is hoping!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i called to Sub to it and they told me they wont offer it this year !

if that's the case am gone from SD

they will only offer NHL for $30 a month

that freaking sucks if this is tru :mad:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just remember it is a long weekend with likely the newest of CSRs on duty and most of the people that are there likely don't have any idea what Sunday Ticket even is. It's probably not even in their system yet. I think a little patience and time will clear this all up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well is no NHL or NFL package then many will cancel SD and move to Belltv or other !!!

SD it seems they really don't care about there costumers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
580 Posts
OK Shaw has been calling me to switch back to shaw direct & I told them I would consider it if they added MLB Extra innings to the NHL/NFL package the CSR told me they would be adding it next season once the Anik G1 is launched.

He said nothing about the NHL/NFL package being removed, take that for what its worth.

I can't see them removing NHL/NFL & adding baseball that does make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this unacceptable if u ask me

they should offer them in HD only and not SD this way there is enough capacity on the sats

just a thought
LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Shaw is rebranding a couple of stations later this month and I suspect they want to launch HD versions of these stations too and maybe add a couple of other HD channels. As Bigoranget mentioned Shaw is having capacity issues. BellTV and Rogers have been adding new HD channels left, right and centre lately and Shaw Direct has basically added nothing, maybe one. There is probably many of us who have or are thinking about leaving Shaw Direct because of their lack of HD channels.

With the new satellite delayed until the end of the year and probably won't be fully operational until Feb. 2013 Shaw Direct has to make a decision. Offer more HD channels now or risk losing customers. I don't know what SD buy rate is for Sunday Ticket but I suspect it's not that high. They could add a half season of NHL Center Ice maybe in February.

·
Registered
122 Posts
With Bandwidth space issue I for one would rather see Shaw use what they can for new HD channels. NFL Sunday ticket we had subscribe to the last few years with Centre Ice but was not overly happy with it. So many of the games were on Standard Def, and the HD channels were not being used or they were showing games you can watch on the networks.

As for Centre Ice maybe if it is not available this year (we will have to wait and see) downsize the amount of channels being used. Also eliminate the Standard def, Why in this day and age of HD do they need to offer both SD and HD for the sport packages, would you not assume most are watching the HD channel?

There are alot of NHL games already on TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet and CBC. Again if Centre Ice is not offered, shaw could maybe offer all speciality TSN (Jets, Canadians) and Sportnets (Oilers, Flames, Canucks, Sens) in a package.

I guess if there is a lockout or strike we might not have to worry about the NHL?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@ least for the Sports Packages it should be only HD not need SD anymore

NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice should be Only in HD !!!!

Why have the New series of Receivers 6XX if Sports Packs are not in HD
last year i think the NHL and NFL packs SD was in Mpeg4 which requires 6XX receivers !

so remove SD and Add NFL and NHL in MPEG4 HD:p

·
Registered
182 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice should be Only in HD !!!!

Why have the New series of Receivers 6XX if Sports Packs are not in HD
last year i think the NHL and NFL packs SD was in Mpeg4 which requires 6XX receivers !
Common sense is not normally tolerated by SD management.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If they remove NHL CI, I'm out! That's the only reason i stick with this company.

Last year the SD NHL CI channels were switched to mpeg4, not the HD channels. I agree, just get rid of the SD channels completely. You would need a 6XX receiver to watch the SD channels anyways, and those receivers will allow you to watch the HD channels on any TV so i literally makes no sense to keep them.

And it serves no purpose to create a package that has TSN jets/habs and the sportsnet channels for NHL purposes. You won't be able to view out of market games. That's an NHL rule so Shaw can't do anything about it.

Therefore keep NHL CI or lose customers. That's the bottom line!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts