Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
yes, they better improve HD games every week or Bell might be getting a phone call from me!!

I recall a thread that a member started regarding communication from the NFL to him. He had asked about the HD problem with Shaw / NFLST and he said they were working on a solution for 2010 -11 season.

Hopefully they found it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would suggest people who get both NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL CI encouraged them to offer bundled services together as Shaw Direct for last couple of years has been offering both CI and Sunday Ticket together at a discounted rate of $209.88 last yr http://www.shawdirect.ca/promotions/english/nflsundayticket/default.asp?WT.mc_id=a1_centreice

That is crazy savings that we dont get with Shaw Cable, please phone them. I would think a large portion of NHL CI subscribers get NFL as well or vise-versa

·
Registered
248 Posts
Apparently NFL Sunday Ticket will be broadcast using MPEG 4 this year. Honestly, I'm not sure what that means though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Early Bird NFL Sunday Ticket sales begin on August 6th. No word on pricing yet.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would suggest people who get both NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL CI encouraged them to offer bundled services together as Shaw Direct for last couple of years has been offering both CI and Sunday Ticket together at a discounted rate of $209.88 last yr http://www.shawdirect.ca/promotions/english/nflsundayticket/default.asp?WT.mc_id=a1_centreice

That is crazy savings that we dont get with Shaw Cable, please phone them. I would think a large portion of NHL CI subscribers get NFL as well or vise-versa
wasn't that bundled price, the same price as CI by itself cost on shaw last year?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The reason it's so cheap on Shaw Direct is that Shaw Direct had one channel dedicated to HD for Sunday Ticket. Not sure how many they had for CI. Shaw was better but not by much as they showed a lot of the same games that were available in HD on regular TV. If Shaw doesn't come up with a better slate of HD, I'm not buying it this year...at least from them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If Shaw doesn't come up with a better slate of HD, I'm not buying it this year...at least from them.
I'm assuming you are a Shaw customer and will change services just for a better NFLST package? I'm sure a lot of us would love to do that, but that would border on ridiculous. I am in agreement that the service NEEDS to be better than last season because it's fair to say things took a step backwards last year. At this day n age there is no reason why we can't have more HD games. Of course the flip side is the low cost.....

I'll be watching this closely and would love to get more info from Shaw reps about this but I highly doubt they will be helpful. They seem to have the company line "we just show what the NFL shows us" on a teleprompter..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't see it being more $$ than last year unless the NFL raised their rates. IMO the monthly payment option is better than the lump sum version other providers offer.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if they dont have the buy NHL CI get NFL ST. It was a killer deal if you signed up around October looking for just NHL. May as well take the ST for nothin. If I was SD, I'd have them as separate subscriptions to increase the bottom line.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hopefully the improved distribution message that Senk was sent by the NFL last year is the MPEG4 that was spoken of earlier in the thread. I'm not a techie but that would mean they could squeeze more HD games down the pipe right??

Not to beat the dead horse about pricing, etc. but I would 99% agree with Trask about switching if the Shaw NFLST package doesn't improve this year. NFL Sunday Ticket is a huge highlight for me, in terms of sports tv viewing. It takes up virtually 5 months, so it would not border on ridiculous to switch providers for a better package. (although there are other things to consider when switching for sure)

Clearly, Shaw needs to buck up at least to the Bell TV version of NFLST, which includes most if not all HD games every Sunday - for the same price as Bell TV.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken .. the Moto boxes Shaw uses do not support MPEG4 signals so the idea that this will simply allow for more ST in HD probably isn't the case.

Frankly all i've seen is the price increasing year after year, and at best the same product being received.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts