Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I added Timeshifting this morning to the account of a relative in Montreal, and they show as "Subscribed Channels", but it won't let me record CTV2. I tried on my phone and directly on the PVR. Tried NFL but also tried Corner Gas in case there was some weird rights issue.

Is anyone else having trouble recording CTV2? Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Looks like the issue is it's not showing as subscribed on the PVR or app (despite the confirmation, and showing subscribed on MyBell). Usually channels have been available within a few minutes after changing the lineup. Wondering whether it's just slow or if there's a policy change (like a next-day delay on adding channels).

Not just CTV2, I'm getting the same error on Sunday programming on CTV VIC (for example) refuses to record. I also tried adding TSN and RDS (for the football), those are showing as subscribed channels in the app's guide but won't record.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I think I last updated that at 3pm, it's now 6pm and I'm able to record on the timeshifted channels and TSN, using the Fibe TV app. Not sure if that was a one-time thing of several hours' delay, or new policy, but I'd assume not the later since impulse is probably a big sales factor. :)

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Because it's a NE game and Burlington is in the home territory, the ABC affiliate could be the channel as part of the group that buys the local rights. Being for the GTA, the Bills game was on ABC on Sunday however wasn't on any other ABC station nationally cause the local rights were sold to WKBW and other channels in the home region for the Bills. Same goes for Giants games we get on PIX11 NY. To confirm if ABC is carrying nationally, you would want to check an affiliate not in the local region.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Week 16

Friday (25/12)

16:30
Minnesota @ New Orleans
CTV all, TSN4/5, RDS

Saturday (26/12)

13:00
Tampa Bay @ Detroit
CTV all, TSN3, RDS

20:15
Miami @ Las Vegas
CTV all, TSN3, RDS

Sunday (27/12)

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh
CTV Ottawa, CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Winnipeg, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV2 Atlantic, CTV2 Alberta, CTV2 BC, RDS
N.Y. Giants @ Baltimore CTV Atlantic, CTV Montreal, CTV2 Toronto, CTV2 Windsor, TSN3
Atlanta @ Kansas City CTV Alberta, CTV BC, CTV2 Ottawa

16:25
L.A. Rams @ Seattle
CTV all except Atlantic, CTV2 Atlantic, TSN3, RDS2

20:20
Tennessee @ Green Bay
CTV2 all, TSN3, RDS

Monday (28/12)

New England @ Buffalo
CTV2 all, TSN4/5, RDS

Not available on Bell Media

Saturday (26/12)

16:30
San Francisco @ Arizona
Prime Video

Sunday (27/12)

Chicago @ Jacksonville
CBS Detroit, CBS Minneapolis
Cleveland @ N.Y. Jets CBS Cleveland
Cincinnati @ Houston

16:05/16:25
Carolina @ Washington
Denver @ L.A. Chargers
Philadelphia @ Dallas (16:25)
FOX Watertown

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is the San Francisco @ Arizona game going to be on Prime Video in Canada? Is that confirmed?

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
The 49ers-Cardinals game is the first NFL game to air on an exclusive national basis on Prime Video and Twitch, and will be available to more than 150 million paid Prime members worldwide, and in more than 240 countries and territories excluding China, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Spain. The game will also be televised in both teams’ home markets on NBC affiliate KNTV in San Francisco and FOX affiliate KSAZ in Arizona, and it will be available to stream nationally on mobile through the NFL, 49ers, Cardinals, and Yahoo Sports mobile properties.
Amazon Press Release

----

NFL on CTV, TSN, and RDS – Week 16: Friday, Dec. 25 to Monday, Dec. 28

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fantastic! So I would assume for a good percentage of us we will be able to watch the game. I know I will be! I believe that it's a Fox broadcast crew being used for this game.

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
No mention of the game being in 4K.
I believe that it's a Fox broadcast crew being used for this game.
To switch between audio feeds, simply open the settings on their device, select the broadcast of their choice.
Alternate audio feeds featuring either Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer or Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, and Joy Taylor will be available for both games on Prime Video. Cari Champion, Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson, and Von Miller will livestream the Christmas Special on Twitch, and Andrew Hawkins, Cari Champion, and Chris Long will stream the Dec. 26 game on Twitch—both streams will be available at twitch.tv/twitchsports. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will once again serve as the default FOX broadcast for the Vikings and Saints with Erin Andrews and Kristina Pink on the sidelines, and Andrew Catalon and James Lofton will be the default commentary crew with Sherree Burruss on the sidelines for the 49ers and Cardinals game.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Week 17

Sunday (03/01)

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
CTV Ottawa, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Winnipeg, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Alberta, CTV BC
Dallas @ N.Y. Giants CTV Atlantic, CTV Montreal, CTV2 Toronto, CTV2 Windsor, CTV2 Alberta, CTV2 BC
Miami @ Buffalo CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV2 Ottawa, RDS
N.Y. Jets @ New England CTV2 Atlantic, TSN

Green Bay @ Chicago
CTV all except Atlantic, Alberta and BC, CTV2 Atlantic, RDS
Seattle @ San Francisco CTV Alberta, CTV BC
Arizona @ L.A. Rams TSN

20:20
Washington @ Philadelphia
CTV2 all, TSN, RDS

Not available on Bell Media, all on Sunday

Minnesota @ Detroit
FOX Detroit, FOX Minneapolis
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Baltimore @ Cincinnati

Tennessee @ Houston
CBS Buffalo, CBS Rochester
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis CBS Cleveland
Las Vegas @ Denver
L.A. Chargers @ Kansas City
New Orleans @ Carolina

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wild Card

Saturday (09/01)

13:05
7 Indianapolis @ 2 Buffalo
CTV all, RDS (CBS)

16:40
6 L.A. Rams @ 3 Seattle
CTV all, RDS (FOX)

5 Tampa Bay @ 4 Washington
CTV all, RDS (NBC)

Sunday (10/01)

13:05
5 Baltimore @ 4 Tennessee
CTV all, RDS (ABC)

16:40
7 Chicago @ 2 New Orleans
CTV all, RDS (CBS)

6 Cleveland @ 3 Pittsburgh
CTV2 all, TSN, RDS (NBC)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Trying to schedule from the app, getting an error on both CTV and US stations:

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (1017)"

No problem scheduling other non-NFL shows on Sat. Are the playoffs different from regular season? Regular season recorded fine, except one week when it took a few hours for new stations to be recordable.

Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is anyone in Canada picking up the Nickelodeon broadcast of the Indy vs Buffalo game? I'd love to get a look at it and see what they do with the broadcast as it's supposed to be very different and "a lot more fun".

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Trying to schedule [NFL] from the app, getting an error on both CTV and US stations:

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (1017)"
An update, this morning I was able to schedule NFL on CTV from the app. Didn't test CBS or FOX.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts