Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly a surprise, but in my Fibe guide I see the first NFL game on full CTV network, Thu Sep 10 HOU-KC. Also on NBC.

Lots of games on Sun Sep 13, but no indication yet about local stations (at least not in the guide). I'm sure US stations' coverage is summarized somewhere, or you could check local stations' sites (e.g. CBS Detroit has [email protected], Sun Sep 13 @ 1pm).

·
Registered
911 Posts
U.S. stations coverage is available on 506sports.com, Wednesday morning before the Sunday games. Canadian coverage is available by Bell press release. Dr. Dave usually posts the releases here as they are available.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood, thanks. I just find it frustrating that CTV waits so long to decide (or to post) which Sunday games are on which stations.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Bell want to maximize their revenue, right? Therefore they need to wait to see how the games are broadcast in the U.S. before they make decision which game to air to which channel, between CTV, CTV2 and TSN. They need to consider fan base of each team as well as simsubbing opportunities available, which is why they need to wait for U.S. broadcasting plan.

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
TSN and CTV Kick Off the 2020 NFL Season, September 10

Bring it on! NFL football lives on TSN, CTV, CTV2, RDS and TSN Radio this fall as Bell Media is the exclusive television broadcast partner of the NFL in Canada. Extensive multi-platform coverage of the 2020 NFL season kicks off with pre-game action beginning Thursday, Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN and CTV2 as Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans take on Patrick Mahomes and the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. The game airs live from Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City at 8 p.m. ET on TSN and CTV.

As Canada’s destination for NFL action all season long, CTV, TSN, and CTV2’s exclusive coverage of the NFL schedule includes:
  • New this year, TSN and CTV team up to broadcast the 2020 NFL season kickoff game as the Houston Texans take on the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday, Sept. 10
  • Throughout the rest of the 2020 season, THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL matchups air on TSN and CTV2, with select matchups on CTV in October
  • Sunday 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. ET game windows – regular season games airing across multiple networks each week including CTV, CTV2, and TSN
  • SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on TSN and CTV2
  • MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on TSN
  • Complete live coverage of the NFL PLAYOFFS on TSN and CTV
  • SUPER BOWL LV, live from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Sunday, Feb. 7 on CTV
TSN’s robust NFL coverage and analysis also features the popular preview and wrap-up shows SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN, NFL REWIND, NFL LIVE, and MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN. TSN is also Canada’s home for live coverage of the NFL DRAFT, the PRO BOWL, plus extensive NFL coverage on SPORTSCENTRE and TSN.ca.

NFL ON CTV LIVE is CTV’s official Sunday post-game show, hosted by TSN’s Kara Wagland and football analyst Davis Sanchez. Airing immediately after the network’s Sunday 4 p.m. ET games, the show recaps all of the day’s NFL action and leads into SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on TSN and CTV2.

NFL programming is also available for live streaming on CTV.ca, TSN.ca, as well as the CTV and TSN apps. RDS delivers live French-language coverage throughout the 2020 NFL season. Fans can visit TSN.ca/NFL for daily features and analysis as well as game previews, recaps, and video highlights.

·
Registered
911 Posts
  • New this year, TSN and CTV team up to broadcast the 2020 NFL season kickoff game as the Houston Texans take on the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday, Sept. 10
  • Throughout the rest of the 2020 season, THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL matchups air on TSN and CTV2, with select matchups on CTV in October
I am not too crazy about this plan. It is simply because CTV has a number of first-run shows on its Thursday lineup. By doing this, CTV will temporary relocate some of its Thursday shows to CTV2 while it is broadcasting NFL. This will frustrate those who have series planned to record on CTV. Just like this Thursday (10/09), Love Island is moved to CTV2 only for one episode. Those who record the series will need to record the one episode manually, out of the series folder.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, and not everyone has CTV2 as a local station (1202 on Fibe). The one I'm familiar with is Montreal, they're better off than Ottawa in that their Global and City are actual Montreal stations (not just Toronto retransmitters) but because there's no CTV2 OTA, they'd have to sign up for timeshifting on Fibe (not sure about Videotron but I imagine the out of town CTV stations are available somehow).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't see a news release yet, but my Fibe Guides are updated now. These are what I see for Week 1 (I didn't try to capture every station in every market since that will be covered by the news release):

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 10/20:
8:20pm: [email protected] (CTV, NBC Det, TSN 1/4/5, RDS 2)

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13/20:
1:00pm: [email protected] (CTV Ott, CTV Mtl, CBS VT)
1:00pm: [email protected] (CTV2 Ott, RDS2)
1:00pm: [email protected] (FOX Det)
1:00pm: [email protected] (FOX VT)
1:00pm: [email protected] (CTV Tor)
1:00pm: [email protected] (CTV Van)
1:00pm: [email protected] (CTV2 Vic)
4:00pm: [email protected] (CBS Det)
4:25pm: [email protected] (CTV, FOX Det, FOX VT, RDS2)
8:20pm: [email protected] (CTV2, NBC Det, TSN 3/5, RDS)

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14/20:
7:00pm: [email protected] (TSN 1/3/4, RDS)
10:00pm: [email protected] (TSN, RDS)

·
Super Moderator
4,484 Posts
NFL on CTV/ TSN week 1:
Week 1

Thursday, September 10

8:20pm et/5:20pm pt
Houston Texans at Kansas City Chiefs - CTV Network, TSN1/4/5, RDS2, CKPR / CITL

Sunday, September 13

1pm et/10am pt

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons - CTV Alberta, CTV BC, CITL
New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots - CTV Atlantic, CTV Montreal, CTV Ottawa, CTV Northern Ontario, CKPR
Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings - CTV Winnipeg, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV2 Atlantic, CT2 Toronto, CTV2 London/Windsor, CTV2 Ottawa
Las Vegas Raiders at Carolina Panthers - CTV2 Alberta, CTV2 BC, TSN 3/5

4:05pm et/1:05pm pt
Los Angeles Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals - TSN3/5

4:25pm et/1:25pm pt
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints - CTV Toronto, CTV Ottawa, CTV Kitchener, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Montreal, CTV Winnipeg, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Alberta, CTV2 Atlantic, CKPR / CITL

Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams - CTV2 Network, TSN3/5, (JIP TSN4 @8p), RDS /CJDC / CFTK

Monday, September 14

7:10pm et/4:10pm pt
Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants - TSN Network, RDS

10:20pm et/7:20pm pt
Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos - TSN Network, RDS

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
Every Touchdown, Every Sunday Afternoon: NFL RedZone Now Available to TSN Subscribers

NFL RedZone is now available to TSN subscribers at no additional cost, beginning this weekend. Subscribers can access NFL RedZone each Sunday through the network’s leading digital platforms – including TSN.ca and the TSN app.

Available beginning with Week 1 of the 2020 NFL regular season this Sunday, Sept. 13, NFL RedZone offers TSN subscribers more than seven consecutive hours of live football coverage on Sundays beginning at 1 p.m. ET.

Hosted by the NFL Network’s Scott Hanson, NFL RedZone keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights, and a chance to see game-changing plays, key turnovers, and going inside the 20-yard line of each local broadcast. With NFL RedZone, football fans are also able to watch up to eight games at a time using the NFL RedZone Octobox screen, encapsulating all of the incredible action Sunday afternoon games have to offer.

Football fans looking to access NFL RedZone can subscribe to TSN through their television service provider.

Live coverage of the 2020 NFL season is also available for live streaming on CTV.ca, TSN.ca, as well as the CTV and TSN apps. RDS delivers live French-language coverage throughout the season. Fans can visit TSN.ca/NFL for up-to-the-minute breaking news, features, and analysis, as well as game previews, recaps, and video highlights. TSN’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts provide breaking news, scores, photos, videos, and trending content from around the league.

Bell Media is the exclusive television broadcast partner of the NFL in Canada.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Redzone worked great from my Samsung TV yesterday! Couldn't tell you about Apple TV though but no reason why it shouldn't

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NFL on CTV/TSN Week 2, from NFL Weekly CTV & TSN Broadcast Schedule - TSN.ca :

Week 2

Thursday, September 17

Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns - CTV2 Network, TSN1/4, RDS, CKPR / CITL

Sunday, September 20

1pm et/10am pt

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins - CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV2 Ottawa, CITL
San Francisco 49ers at New York Jets - CTV Alberta, CTV BC, CITL
Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CTV Atlantic, CTV Montreal, CTV Ottawa, CTV2 Toronto, CTV2 London/Windsor, RDS2
Denver Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers - CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV2 Atlantic, CTV2 Alberta, CTV2 BC, CKPR
Minnesota Vikings at Indianapolis Colts - CTV Winnipeg, TSN5

4:05pm et/1:05pm pt
Washington Football Team at Arizona Cardinals - TSN5

4:25pm et/1:25pm pt
Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans - RDS2
Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers - CTV Toronto, CTV Ottawa, CTV Kitchener, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Montreal, CTV Winnipeg, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Alberta, CTV BC, CTV2 Atlantic, CKPR / CITL

New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks - CTV2 Network, TSN3/5, RDS2 /CJDC / CFTK

Monday, September 21

8:15pm et/5:15pm pt
New Orleans Saints at Las Vegas Raiders- TSN Network, RDS

1 - 20 of 49 Posts