Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pleasantly surprised to discover today that NFL Gamepass is no longer restricted in Canada! This is awesome for those of us using OTA or the internet and aren't interested in paying every month for cable or satellite programming subscriptions!

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/registerform

I e-mailed in today to ask them a few questions. Here was their response:

--------
NFL Game Pass is available to Canadian users, however blackout restrictions will still apply. A list of blackout games are available in the F.A.Q. section of our site.

The early bird season price was $239.99, full price was $279.99

The follow your team season price was $199.99

The postseason was $69.99

Please contact us again if you are in need of further assistance.

Regards,

NFL Game Pass Support
--------

I'm excited! :)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Hmm. Says

NFL Network channel and live playoff games not available in Canada.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does appear as if the Playoffs aren't available (yet) but the full regular season is no longer restricted.

If you google for 'NFL Gamepass in Canada', you'll see tons of stale articles/posts including Canada in the list of restricted countries.

They obviously made this change quite recently.

Prior to this change, when you'd go to the NFL Gamepass website in Canada, it would tell you that it wasn't available. Now, it allows you to sign up for the 'Off-Season Subscription' to watch all of the games from this past regular season.

A huge step in the right direction!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I guess we will know for sure by next season (provided there is no strike). If we could get MLB, then I have no reason to get cable or satellite.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I assume this is the same deal as like an NHL Gamecenter Live or MLB.tv ?

All but one playoff game was/is available OTA, and this package would of course exclude any CTV/TSN/Sportsnet/City games during the regular season.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, if this is for real, there's a good chance I'll be done with cable/satellite indefinitely.

If I can get this working on my Boxee Box... I'm going to be a very happy camper!

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I purchased it for this last season. It was excellent. Only 1 AM and 1 PM game blacked out, and full access to Red Zone channel. Playoffs were blacked out.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am in New Brunswick and when I try I get this error "There are no products available in your region. " Can anyone else in Canada get to the registration? I wonder if its a problem identifying my IP as Canadian.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Same, I think it was due to the lockout. I was reading that DirecTV is supposed to have an online version for the US within 1-4 years.

I can't wait. I bought it mainly for Red Zone Channel. Best channel ever.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
It also includes Auto Renewal already checked.

Yes, I agree to subscribe for auto-renewal billing as outlined in the Terms & Conditions, and I understand that I will be auto-billed annually (on or around August 1) for an NFL Game Pass Season Subscription at the same price as the previous season's published rate, unless I cancel the auto-renewal billing by email or phone.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just got the service tonight and watched some pre-season games. It works great and looks great on my 42inch plasma.

You can even get the local radio announcers and it syncs up perfectly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts