Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder why its so hard for proper subbing, etc of NFL?

Today, CTV decides to simsub over Buffalo CBS with the NYJ-Hou game, which I have no idea why, Buffalo was showing the Buffalo game (and it wasnt over). This was corrected, but still, wtf?

CITYTV is currently letterboxing the end of the CBS game (and I assume the start of the next CBS game). Fox does that, CBS doesnt. I assume this will be fixed at some point, but cmon, again?

Sportsnet is NOT letterboxing their FOX coverage, yet they should be.

Why is it so hard?

(and Houston is jinxed.. lol)

·
Registered
104 Posts
:mad:Watching the steeeler game simsub by ctv and of course late returns to action and constant audio problems. filing yet another complaint.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Got the package they are letterboxing all the games both cbs & fox, get only the city tv and ctv sim subs in the package on eastlink.I'm in Newfoundland the sim subbing of Sunday Ticket is something new that started in week 2 this year have not noticed any kind of mistake or teck issue.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rogers didnt fix either channel :mad:

And gotta love the postage stamp commercials as well.

Bring back GlobalTV.. :/

edit: after Sportsnets game ended, they picked up CBS Ind-NE and it isnt letterboxed. So sportsnet has it right, CityTV has it wrong. wtf rogers?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess if youre going to screw up on the weekends, might as well do it during the week as well

Citytv letterboxing SD CBS again. :mad:

Wonder if the advertisers like their ads to be postage stamped.

·
Registered
907 Posts
One good thing with Videotron is that it does not simsub American broadcasters in HD. So I watch NFL (and other programs) in their original format.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know the simsub rules regarding what CTV can and can’t sub over?

For example, I’m on Bell. The guide is currently showing that on Fox West (Q13 Seattle), the Redskins and Giants are playing. However, on Q13’s webpage http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?sgt=list&fromTimeInMillis=1291536000000&stnNum=21254 and on http://the506.com/sports/?cat=14, both are showing the Green Bay/San Fransisco game.

This may just be an error in the guide, but I’m wondering if CTV can simsub over a game that they’re not even scheduled to show?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ignore the post above. The506 just updated and it looks like Washington state is now showing Giants/Skins. The Bell guide was right!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely interesting happenings at around 4pm today

Fox buffalo decides to pick up extra coverage of [email protected]

Citytv does as well, and simsubs over. (at least on Rogers, and we know City is a Rogers channel, I wonder if other providers did?)

CTV also picks up [email protected] So thats now 3 channels showing it.

Citytv (and thus the fox channel) stops coverage due to "nfl rules".

Ctv shows the whole ending thing though.

Its too bad TSN2 and/or RSN didnt pick up the game, could have had 5 channels showing it!

(and when ctv left [email protected] early, they left the simsub on buffalo cbs for about 5 minutes, another screw up)

And SN is improperly framing the 4pm Fox game.. which is nothing new. dont know why they cant, but thats standard for SN now. :(

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
broken record, but AGAIN citytv is improperly simsubbing CBS at 4pm.

They started off correct, went to commercial, and now its wrong.

CRTC has done nothing, and I guess wont ever. :/ (emails to cityv have gone unanswered)

edit: omg, theyve actually fixed it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts