Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any problems with Nextv today? First thing this a.m. it wouldn't recognize my roku as a subscriber and later it came back with only limited channels showing up. I called but no one there would answer the phone this morning. I posted something on their Facebook page asking about it. Now their FB page is gone.
I noticed one other subscriber had posted something about his service acting up last night. Strange...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out why...Nextv German Channels

I was able to get through finally about Nextv's German Channels not working. They lost rights to show most of their German channels outside of Germany for now. They said they were overwhelmed by over 1000 calls in the past couple of days was their explanation why I couldn't get an answer sooner.

To name a few stations they lost: Kabel 1, Sat1, RTL, 3Sat, VOX, MDR, WDR, ARD, ZDF and more.

The stations left are: ProSiebenSat1 Welt, German Kino Plus, SchlagerTV and a couple others.

They said they will add channels back into the package when they are able. Meanwhile they are offering a much lower monthly rate.

I hope soon. I was getting hooked on a few of their shows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happened to me too, but haven't heard back from Nextv. Terrible customer service. Basically all the good channels are gone. Really disappointed. I wonder if they really will regain the right to broadcast. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My mother is 88 years old, and is very depressed that her German TV is gone,
This is the only thing she still enjoys, and has nothing to watch any more.
Does anyone know why they lost the rights, and will this be resolved???

·
Registered
2 Posts
What future for Nextv German service?

As of the 22nd they have regained some of the channels. I have to admit that my initial feeling of happiness has given way to frustration and depression! No timeshifting is offered making it hard to take advantage of the programming. Nextv said that the channels are not going to be time shifted. The loss of Rtl and Sat 1 are particularly hard to take.I want made in Germany or Europe programming and not dubbed American shows. SAT 1 and RTl are by far the best private options for this.SEveral times I saw the message that program is not being offered because of rights not being available for streaming . Like to hear from other people about their thoughts and feelings about Nexttv german service. i have been a subscriber since it started and find it hard to imagine life without it but they just do not seem to be offer what I need anymore and I am rapidly losing my hope for the future

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
You should investigate what is available online. In Europe many countries provide live channels and VOD online and sometimes a lot of stuff is free.
Most likely you will need VPN service to access European content.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your response. The problem with accessing services from Europe is that you have to have a bank account in Europe often. I am looking at a service called germantvcompany. I did their preview and it works but with lots of glitches. It took 4 different people trying before I was able to download the player so I could watch their free preview. I went to their site and Facebook page and you have to register before you can see the list of channels they offer. Seems a bit strange and makes me wonder if they are doing things legally. To be fair Nexttv was also very secretive about their selection never listing most of their channels on line.Thanks

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
For all my services in Europe I use gift card called Vanila master card. I use it to pay for Hulu plus and it also works great for European content. When it comes to live tv channels or VOD services that are available online, Europe has a lot better selection than Canada.
I am not sure about German services though.
To access services from my home country I use VPN Hola which has an option to select a country that you want to access.
You will need VPN to download apps, register for the service or pay for the service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you found a solution for your German TV yet. We live part time in Europe and part time in Canada and my wife misses
the soaps when we are in Banff. I have tried to get hold of some of the sites shown below but they dont answer.
If anyone has a solution then please let me know. We are still looking.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts