Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Do some research on who funds these channels and their ideology.
PressTV and RT both has some bias, however Al Jazeera has won numerous awards for independency and honesty in reporting. Don't try and take down AJE as biased because that's a battle you can't win.

·
Registered
170 Posts
PressTV and RT both has some bias, however Al Jazeera has won numerous awards for independency and honesty in reporting. Don't try and take down AJE as biased because that's a battle you can't win.
Al Jazeera isn't biased??? Fry you are so detached from reality on this one there is no point of debating it with you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Al Jazeera isn't biased??? Fry you are so detached from reality on this one there is no point of debating it with you.
AJE is about as unbiased as it gets, alongside BBC and Euronews. That's a fact and there's more then enough studies to prove it.

Try and prove to me that Al Jazeera English is biased. Seriously, try, because that will be an up-hill battle for you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am curious about these studies and facts regarding AJ's indisputable neutrality. Can you provide some references to these studies ?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well, obviously fox news has fewer viewers when it's only available on a higher digital tier that you have to ask for.
Not only is on a higher tier, but you can't order it individually. You can only get it as part of the "news" package. So if you want Fox News, you also have to pay for MSNBC. You can, however, buy MSNBC individually.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
It's less biased than many US news sources. It just seems biased because North Americans are brainwashed into believing US points of view, which includes smearing Al Jazeera.

I have been aware of how effecting phrasing is to slant a news report for many years. In the 1960's I listened to short wave stations from around the world. Reports on the Vietnam war were the most revealing. Listening to descriptions of the same battle on both US and USSR radio stations illustrated how propaganda works. Both sounded credible but were designed to discredit the other side. OTOH, reporting on some US stations doesn't even sound credible these days, blatantly promotes lies or heavily slanted political opinion and has very little reporting of real news.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Not only is on a higher tier, but you can't order it individually. You can only get it as part of the "news" package. So if you want Fox News, you also have to pay for MSNBC. You can, however, buy MSNBC individually.
Which provider is this?

·
Registered
458 Posts
on the surface it looks bad for Fox. but look at the percentage.

cnn is available to 30,100,000 viewers. only .07% watch it
cbc-ctv is available to 30,300,000 viewers. only .06% watch it
cp24 is available to 30,500,000 viewers. only .07% watch it
fox is available to 100,000 viewers. 2% watch it.

the 3 (excluding fox) combined available viewers is 9.9million viewers and only a combined 0.2% viewership. comparatively Fox has 10x the viewers of all 3 combined.

if fox was on equal footing (available to 3.1million) they would have 602,000 viewers :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
That assumes the other 30+million actually want it. I had it and found it biased so I dropped it. I don't think you can scale up that way as most of that 30 million could get it if they wanted it.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Canadian Cable news ratings

For US based cable news it's pretty easy to get the ratings between CNN, Fox and MSNBC. Haven't been able to find any for CTVNN, Newsworld and SunNews. I know the Toronto Sun has been showing selected ratings, but, hey a more neutral source would be nice.

Please, no discussion on the merits of each network, just looking for the facts, ma'am, as Joe Friday may or may not have said.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The source of all ratings information in Canada is BBM.

Other than top line information, you have to pay for the information.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts