Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Experts,
I am new to this forum, and home theatre in general. Please forgive me, or redirect me, if I'm not doing things right.
I have a new Home Theatre setup, but I can't figure out how to connect things. There's a Samsung PN50C7000 3D Plasma TV, a Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player, and a Shaw DCT6416 DVR. I don't have HDMI cables yet. Yes, I know I should get HDMI 1.4 cables, but I don't have them yet.
So I have component cables for the DVR and the Blu-Ray player, and the TV only has one set of component plugs. I've tried various hookups, but none seem to work, or I'm doing it wrong.
Can anyone help me? Please don't be mean to me. I really don't know what I'm doing.
Lex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I understand you correctly, you're saying I can't use my 3D Blu-ray player until I get my HDMI 1.4 cable. And you're saying just hook up the Shaw DVR for now, using the component cables to hook up the DVR to the TV?

·
Super Moderator
56,563 Posts
Just as an FYI, you should be able to use component cables for the BD player temporarily for 2D, however, 3D does require HDMI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts