Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
People have been complaining for SIX YEARS. Why do this now, when the console is in the last couple of years of its life cycle?

I bet a patent expired on another device and that permitted Microsoft to make this long requested change.

And as long as the console manufacturers are improving their controllers, how about Sony fix the triggers on the PS3 controller? The convex design is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
300 Posts
MS actually fixed the d-pad a while ago, I know on my Red Elite (RE5 edition), the d-pad was far more responsive than the previous 360 controllers. Yes, it wasn't a complete redesign, but they improved it somehow, not sure what exactly changed, but whatever it was, I found it to be great for Street Fighter IV.
As far as I am aware that was a special version of the Xbox controller that featured a 16 direction D-pad and was only available in that package. Microsoft continued to churn out the original controller with its contemptible D-pad design all along.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.