Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
it is about time.
I'm glad to see this coming out,
disappointed that its only bundled with the play and charge at $64.99 US

I do not need another play and charge kit but I do want this controller, I guess after some time they will release it alone.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Weird that they decided to change the colour scheme of the A, B, X, Y buttons.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I like that they are fixing the D-Pad, but I really don't like the changing of the A, B, X, & Y buttons. I'm so used to "pressing the blue button" for example, and don't really think about whether it's the X or Y button. That one's going to throw me off-guard quite a bit I think.

·
Registered
324 Posts
And everyone who just bought the newest version of the console gets shafted.

I like my xbox but it seems ridiculous that buying the latest/greatest is put to lie a month or two later.

·
Registered
300 Posts
People have been complaining for SIX YEARS. Why do this now, when the console is in the last couple of years of its life cycle?

I bet a patent expired on another device and that permitted Microsoft to make this long requested change.

And as long as the console manufacturers are improving their controllers, how about Sony fix the triggers on the PS3 controller? The convex design is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
MS actually fixed the d-pad a while ago, I know on my Red Elite (RE5 edition), the d-pad was far more responsive than the previous 360 controllers. Yes, it wasn't a complete redesign, but they improved it somehow, not sure what exactly changed, but whatever it was, I found it to be great for Street Fighter IV.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I like that they are fixing the D-Pad, but I really don't like the changing of the A, B, X, & Y buttons. I'm so used to "pressing the blue button" for example, and don't really think about whether it's the X or Y button. That one's going to throw me off-guard quite a bit I think.
you look at the buttons?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
People have been complaining for SIX YEARS. Why do this now, when the console is in the last couple of years of its life cycle?

I bet a patent expired on another device and that permitted Microsoft to make this long requested change.

And as long as the console manufacturers are improving their controllers, how about Sony fix the triggers on the PS3 controller? The convex design is absolutely ridiculous.
I hate the ps3 controller with a passion,
my hands are way too big to hold it comfortably, it was ok wit the ps1 before the analog, but having the sticks where they are is terrible
the triggers are a big upgrade but yeah convex, whats up with that

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I like the PS3 controller but I have small hands. I am surprised however that Sony hasn't come out with a controller meant for the big fellas.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
its not even thats its that small but I have to hold it with fingers to use the sticks, where the 360 controller rests in my palms

·
Registered
300 Posts
MS actually fixed the d-pad a while ago, I know on my Red Elite (RE5 edition), the d-pad was far more responsive than the previous 360 controllers. Yes, it wasn't a complete redesign, but they improved it somehow, not sure what exactly changed, but whatever it was, I found it to be great for Street Fighter IV.
As far as I am aware that was a special version of the Xbox controller that featured a 16 direction D-pad and was only available in that package. Microsoft continued to churn out the original controller with its contemptible D-pad design all along.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Really? Seems odd that it would be a special edition only.
I definitely noticed a difference with that controller though, works great in things like Street Fighter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts