Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Do what the guy next store to me did he called the men in black, on me my sat dish was installed 15 feet in the air to get over the church to get all the sats , when I moved the dish the motor coasted out a tv interference noise signal that disrupted his tv viewing, and yes they told me I could be charge bylaw for interrupting his tv viewinging.

They were sitting in an unmarked car with test equipment waiting for me to turn that big old 10 foot dish 15 feet in the air lol

So if I could have been charged and made to stop using my sat motor because of signal interference , the wind mills should also be tested for the same interference testing I went threw . And made to stop
Rant over

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
The law states that receiving equipment, aka viewers, must accept legally generated interference but cannot generate interference that is outside legally defined limits. There is a big difference between causing reception loss by reflection or infraction, as with legally installed windmills, and illegally emitting RF interference, as with a defective dish rotor. You have no legal ground to stand on. Replacing the dish motor with one that does not emit RF interference is the only remedy.

·
Registered
452 Posts
ExDilbert I understand that . just as if a drill or and other device causes RF interference. Must be repaired or replaced
But everyone is looking at the Blades causing reception loss by reflection or infraction , but no one has had them check the generators of said devices for RF transmitted interference. when in operation.

It is an electronic device and it also has a motor to turn said device into the path of greater force, no one has watch and or have documated TV interference with said device when that motor is in operation.
( defective dish rotor )
I guess no one has ever heard them turn.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
willie, the control cabling in your dish setup is shielded and grounded?
I have never heard of a low voltage dc motor causing IX.

·
Registered
452 Posts
majortom yes it was . the 4 inch by 20 feet pipe was sank into the ground 5 feet, It was the motor that was causing his interference , fixing or replacing it had no problem with it. But the guy next store had a real issue when the chest nut tree he planted on my side of the line , started to hailmary those nuts down on his new pickup truck , and he went to cut it down . I was like sorry you better higher a pro tree cutter and stump remover before you cross that line . Thing is I wanted to cut that tree down when I first moved in he put his foot down it was his tree I could not cut it down . but after a had the land servaid, I never told him it was on my land till the right time came along.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you watch some of the Sat tv services that pickup local feeds were windmills are in use you will see the pixeling on them stations caused by windmills.
and going to internet tv to cut the cord is funny, those that say hey I have unlimited lol wait for it ,they will shut down your service and tell you , you have gone over your band limit. been there done that when I lived in the city and had "unlimited" they turned off my service. I called to ask why I had no interenet , I was told I had reached my band limit. so I said I have a contract for unlimited and says nothing in the contract about band width so turn it on or I'm calling my lawyer . hmmmm service got turned right back on while I was still on the phone.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts