Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Whalen tv stand (Portland 3 in 1) at costco. It has a high pole that you mount the tv on. There are 4 holes on the back of my LG tv. They tell me to use 2 short screws on the top and two longer screws on the bottom with a spacer added on the bottom. This causes the tv to stick out a bit at the bottom. I wonder why they want you to do this. It seems strange and a little unstable to me. I checked the instructions on line and I did it right. Is this maybe to shift the weight to the back?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased a Whalen stand from CTire last December, and I was also confused on what spacers to use. I think the spacers you will need to use will depend on the design of your flat screen tv e.g. flat back, curved back (I also think their manual needs some revision). At first I used four short spacers, but ended up using four long ones as I discovered I needed to increase the space between the back of the TV and the metal "frame" you hang it on.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I tried various adjustments and finally got it the way I think it should be. I called them and they admitted the instructions are wrong. Could be dangerous if someone just goes along with the book.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did the same thing with my Whalen stand as well, just used what was the best fit. I also had the installers from where I bought my TV from help out.

The instructions didn't seem right to me either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts