Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's my question.

I bought a Pioneer HTD-510 HTIB a couple of years ago. I am not ready to upgrade the system yet but will be in a few years.

My question is the following: Is it worth it to get a new higher-end set of home theater speakers now to use with the system, and my next system which I will get in a couple of years? Will there be a noticeable difference if I hook up better speakers to a mid-range HTIB system? Or is the system simply not good enought really sound any better on a set of new speakers?

Thanks!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jake said:
What kind of speakers came with the system? Are they 2 or 3-way? Does the receiver have bass management? What are they lacking, power? Maybe the amp is too weak.

I don't know whether they are two way or three way. Not quite sure what the diff is. I don't know about bass management either. The controls are pretty simple. Bass can be set at 0 to 3 thats it, and there's an option to turn something called "P. Bass" on or off, which when turned on makes the bass more powerful.

I don't think its power that I am looking for. The system is 100W for left right and sub and 33 W for the others. I live in a small downtown condo so that is sufficient.

What i am looking for is the "crispness" of sound I hear from other speakers when I am in electronics stores.

Thanks,

Sklar

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jake said:
Yes I know what you mean. I much prefer the sound of CD's from my 15 year old Pioneer receiver and tower speakers than I do with my 5.1 satelllite setup. Perhaps because the old speakers have tweeters, mid-range and woofers. Whereas my 5.1 setup, while great for movies is lacking punch for music and sends the bass to the sub.

Yes I think that is where the difference lies. So are the two always mutually exclusive, or are there speakers which while not optimal for either use are optimal for mixed use?

Sklar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.