Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this new set for 2 months. There is nothing in the manual regarding calibration. I called the Sony store where they gave me the phone number of Sony technicians. They informed me that it would be a waste of my money for them to come and do the so called calibration. Their advice: use your remote for the settings you like. Has anyone have any info regarding calibrating these CRT direct view TV's?

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
JohnnyG did a calibration of my KV-34XBR910 after about 100 hour burn-in period, and the results were fantastic. I found a cheap source for the service manual and provided it to John ahead of time so that by the time he arrived to do the calibration, he knew his way around the service menus. He managed to bring my grey scale unbelievably close to reference, and the difference was instantly noticeable on both very light and very dark scenes in both DVD viewing (480p) and HD viewing (1080i). I would highly recommend that you get in touch with him about doing a calibration for you.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Interesting information spin-dizzy. I have the same TV but I am in Calgary. Does anyone know of a good tech in Calgary that could calibrate my KV34XBR910?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ISF-Trained Dealers Calgary

Hello, just had my Sony done last Friday, wow, what a difference. Sat with the technician the entire 2 and half hours. Learned a lot by watching and asking questions. For a CRT direct TV, the charge was $250.00, more for an LCD, Plasma or an DLP TV's. Anyways, here are some certified calibrators in Calgary, choose one who is the closet. Godd luck and pls reply when their finished, interested to see if your satisfied.

A&B Sound - (403) 232-1200

Current Technologies - (403) 703-8914

K&W Audio - (403) 244-8111

The Laser Video Experience - (403) 254- 8948

1 - 5 of 5 Posts