2. How much does it cost to have the Shaw Wireless Gateway installed?
Installation is free if you choose to install the Gateway on your own with the help of our installation guide. Setup is simple and can be done in minutes. To have a Technician install the Gateway, there is a fee of $49.95.
3. What does the $49.95 installation fee cover?
A Technician will hard wire one computer and connect up to four Wi-Fi computers (laptop or PC based) to ensure you are receiving Internet service. Technicians will not connect gaming devices, printers, PDAs, other wireless components or setup printer and file sharing.
4. How secure is the Shaw Wireless Gateway?
The Gateway uses the most secure wireless networking encryption available, known as WPA2. With WPA2, you can surf confidently and know that you’re home network is free from intruders.
5. Will the Shaw Wireless Gateway work with all of my Wi-Fi devices?
The Gateway is backwards compatible with all 802.11B/G/N computers and devices. This means that any Wi-Fi device can connect to the Gateway.*.
6. I have a purchased modem, can I swap this for the Shaw Wireless Gateway?
No. The Gateway is only offered as a rental at this time. However, you are still eligible to rent the Gateway.