Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I sold my old HTIB quite awhile ago and I've been waiting to build a new setup. I was thinking about starting with the receiver first.

One receiver which was just announced that I'm liking so far is the Onkyo NR609.

While I don't know much at all about audio, I am looking for network connectivity, along with 7.1, 1.4 hdmi, a nice GUI interface. I'm not as concerned about the physical appearance of the receiver. I would be nice it if was easy to setup and had Audyssey room correction.

I guess I'm willing to fork out up to $700 for a receiver.

I haven't given much thought on the speakers yet...

I hope this is enough to provide any suggestions. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've found my Onkyo TXSR607 to be quite good. It was my first Onkyo product and I purchased it because the room it's in is "acoustcally challenging" and I have little WAF for acoustical tratments. My Harman Kardon AVR254 that it replaced, is a great receiver in it's own right, but the Audyssey suite on the Onkyo is much more adept at squeezing the most out of a bad room. That said, there are several competent receivers in your price range from a variety of manufacturers that have decently robust power supplies, high current and good video/audio processing. Have fun auditioning them! One thing i found is pay attention to the gui on each one you try.. it can make a big difference for ease of use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts