1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Why not just purchase a US roaming minute bundle? It's available on both Bell and Rogers - not sure about Telus.

You can get 100 US minutes for $40 bucks on Bell....not sure about Rogers.

They also have international packages.

This way you only pay when you go.

Cheers

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rob11, these are new data plans not voice roaming plans.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
This is definitely a step in the right direction, but it's not good enough. Why not introduce a true North American plan that encompasses voice and data.

I you told me for another $120 per year I could use my iPhone (voice + data) anywhere in North America without worrying about roaming, I would be all over it.

I spend the equivalent of 2 months in the U.S. every year, and I don't think I'll be going for this plan. First of all, the cost of voice roaming is insane, despite the travel add-on packs they introduced last year. And while the data part of it is nice, it's still too much money considering I don't use my phone for business, but rather personal use.

Since last year, I purchased 2 cheap, pay-as-you-go Verizon phones, which I use only while in the US. They cost me 99 cents per phone per day I use them (no monthly fee, no contract, no charge on days you don't make or receive calls).

I miss using my iPhone for the data while I'm there, but $120 might appeal to a business customer more than an individual. I rely on WiFi to do email and browsing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Roger's Data Roaming vs the competitiors..

Roger's charge an extra $10 for the privilege of using your bundled data in the US, and $0.25/MB thereafter.. Other operators in Canada are $6/MB out of bundle and $1/MB with a $10 'Roaming fee', and no access to your 'bundled data'.

Plus you can share your Data bundle with your RocketStick too (as you can with other providers).

Don't get me wrong, I'm against <any> obscene profiteering by the big wireless companies, but Roger's has surprised me with these plans!:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts