Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that some gateway remotes have an "input" button on the remote. Does anyone have one of them? Does it really exist?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I just got one when they replaced my MP2000 with the MP2150.

You should be able to swap your current remote with the input remote at a Shaw retail location.

I don't use it myself. With my Samsung TV, it does not act like the input button on the TV remote. The TV remote switches immediately where the Shaw remote opens a menu blocking most of the screen, with no way to "Ok" it away. I have to wait for it to time out and it's annoying. The only buttons the TV recognizes are the volume and the input buttons. "OK" should work too but it doesn't.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Shaw swapped out 2 of mine, it's handy if you have a TV that it sends the right codes for.

To echo GamerGuy, it seems to send the wrong signal for Samsung. Instead of advance to next input (like the Samsung remote does, or like pressing the source button on the tv does), it opens an input menu and there is no way to make the menu go away other than a long time out. That said, it works perfectly on my LG tv's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts