Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
that is your problem....the firmware is setup for dishnetwork. It only recognizes the Dish Network satellites as "good".

Take that receiver back to where you got it and trade it in. Its pretty useless unless you know how to reset the firmware.

Try calling up bell and ask them if they can reset the firmware for you somehow.

Is that card originally from that receiver?

· Registered
699 Posts
Pinza: it will not update the firmware on its own because it does not recognize the satellite as "good". The firmware would only accept updates from Dishnetwork in its current state. Thats my understanding of how it works.

I think the memory would have to be wiped for it to work. That is why I think a bell tech is his best bet as they can tell him what he can do to get it to work.

edit..just read your reply there.... wow they are useless....you must tell them you have the wrong firmware and need it updated. Unless they knew that and know they cant do anything remotely to it.

· Registered
699 Posts
that sucks dude...:(.

Maybe someone will come along that knows more about these things than me. From my limited knowledge the firmware has to be wiped from memory to be able to accept a new firmware when changing from Dishnetwork to Bell.

Try calling again and let them know what the issue is and see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.