Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I just picked up a new Panasonic TC-P54VT25 and an Onkyo HT-RC270. I connected up all the speakers (5.1), connected the Shaw cable box to HDMI input 3, and my PS3 to HDMI input 1. I also connected HDMI-out to the HDMI 1 on the TV. Turned everything on, set the TV to HDMI 1, set the receiver to HDMI 3 and I'm getting audio, but no video.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. My only thought after checking and rechecking was that maybe it was somehow due to the HDMI cables I was using. They're just simple rocketfish cables from Princess Auto (they previously worked fine with my old Sony LCD and Yamaha receiver). Due to this, I thought maybe since I wasn't using 1.4a HDMI cables (at least I suspect they're not), that I needed to connect an optical audio cable from the optical out on the TV to the optical in on the receiver. For whatever reason that fixed it.

I then connected my wii component type cables, checked it out and I was back to no video. I disconnected them, and no change. I've tried resetting defaults on the receiver, confirmed over and over that the tv's on the right input (and tried them all). I've disconnected and reconnected cables.

I don't have any extra HDMI cables to test with, but they're all providing sound, with no video. Is it possible the HDMI cables could somehow not be compatible (doesn't explain why it worked for a few moments). Alternatively, any other ideas what so ever? This is driving me crazy as it all seems pretty simple and should be working.

I updated the firmware on the TV, and will update the firmware on the receiver when I finally give up and go to bed here just in case that somehow plays a part.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Issue Resolved.

I went out and bought some new high speed HDMI cables with audio return and ethernet from princess auto $14.99 each and they're all like at least 2 or 3 meters (more than i need) and it's mysteriously working.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Thanks for posting on how you resolved the issue

Closing thread since the problem was fixed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.