Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
iHeartRadio Canada announced today the rebrand of 99.9 SUN FM to 99.9 VIRGIN RADIO in Kelowna, B.C., beginning Thursday, Oct. 3, playing the latest hits from today’s biggest artists including Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, and Shawn Mendes. (Press Release)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like there will be a few new stations in Midwestern Ontario. Both were approved by the CRTC earlier, but the media is now reporting that they will be broadcasting this fall:

100.1 "The Ranch" in Listowel, a local community station:

91.9 "The Wave" in Tobermory. It will rebroadcast "The Beach" from Port Elgin.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
@Mariaevans, I just looked up Fresh 104.9 and wondered if you were talking about CFLG-FM in Cornwall, Ontario. If that is the station you are talking about, it rebanded 5 years ago. "On February 13, 2015, CFLG was rebranded as 104.5 Fresh Radio to reflect all other Corus Radio owned Fresh FM radio stations. "

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Listening to CIBU Wingham Saturday morning as I do, I learned that they changed their brand to "Cool 94.5", and are putting some newer music back on their playlist. They played amongst things, Barenaked Ladies, something they did not play under their Classic Rock playlist.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Bell Media's CIDR 93.9 FM in Windsor ON went from Album Adult Alternative to Virgin Radio as of noon today. Bell's other FM in Windsor went from Modern Rock to Country as Pure Country 89 at the same time. Their two AM stations here (580 and 800) are still doing oldies and news/talk respectively.

Windsor/Detroit now has 4 country stations (CIDR, CJWF 95.9, WDRQ 93.1 and WYCD 99.5).

·
Super Moderator
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Windsor’s 89X Rebrands to PURE COUNTRY and 93.9 THE RIVER Rebrands to VIRGIN RADIO

----

Woodstock’s CJ104 Rebrands to PURE COUNTRY

iHeartRadio Canada announced today the rebrand of CJ104 in Woodstock N.B. to PURE COUNTRY. Available for listening across Canada via audio live stream on iHeartRadio.ca/PureCountry/Woodstock, iHeartRadio.ca, and the iHeartRadio Canada app. The network is also connected through Alexa, Siri, and Google Home smart speakers.

CJCJ was previously "hot adult contemporary." (CJCJ-FM - Wikipedia)

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Windsor/Detroit market was about to be without an alternative rock station but luckily 98.7 The Breeze flipped over to alt rock at the same time today.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sad, 89X was a great station I remember listening to it many times traveling through the region and will be missed. Also great cause with the special rules in the market and being on the border they had the best variety of music as they didn't have the restriction many other stations in Canada have.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The Windsor/Detroit market was about to be without an alternative rock station but luckily 98.7 The Breeze flipped over to alt rock at the same time today.
Yeah, I heard about this about an hour later.

Has any station ever dropped 24/7 Christmas in November?

This format flopped terribly for 106.7, can't see this doing better. New format by May 2021 probably.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
CJCJ-FM broadcasting from Woodstock ,NB, at 104.1 FM has rebranded as Pure Country CJ104. This is the 4th change since 2009. In May 2009, CJCJ-FM changed its format from adult contemporary as EZ Rock 104.1 to hot adult contemporary as CJ104. Today the station changed its format again, this time to country as Woodstock's Pure Country 104.

·
Premium Member
4,114 Posts
It appears Country 101.1 Smith falls has changed frequencies. Went from 101.1 to 92.3.

Now I could be wrong but I do believe 92.3 was Jack FM. Both are owned by Rogers. It seems odd that now on 1310 News they say 1310 News in Ottawa & 101.1 in Smith Falls. I'm guessing 1310 News is repeated on 101.1 in Smith Falls.

They also have been branded City News now.

I think Rogers did the switch to compete with New Country located at 93.9 own by Bell. Both stations play country and very close together in frequency which if your not careful when tuning you might end up on the wrong station.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Capital FM 106.9 Fredericton have change it name to Fredericton's Move. (Still on 106.9 FM)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Also C100 FM changed its name today.
"Introducing MOVE 100- Today's Best Variety! Halifax's MOVE 100 is the new home for the music and personalities that you already love. You can stream us on your smart speaker or move100halifax.ca!"

·
Registered
382 Posts
Also Majic 100 Ottawa (CJMJ-FM) changed its name today.
"The music you love has a new home! MAJIC 100 is now MOVE 100! Playing today’s best variety and all your favourites to keep you moving through the day!"

101 - 120 of 122 Posts