Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New at this so be gentle please: I was told we had to choose new programing before Feb 2011 because my package was too old and not available anymore? I did this today and since the newly entered programs were downloaded my TV goes blank for minutes at a time. No " Lost Signal, nor other Problem info--just goes blank. I eventually get the Guide but even that can't get me back to a signal. Then it appears after a few minutes. Frustrating, especially when it goes out just before the Leafs are scored on ---again. So, I tune in the Senator game and the same thing happens. Kidding aside, I have not called the tech department but will in the a.m. I checked my dish signal and low and behold I'm only getting 52% on even #'s and 90% on odd. I don't think this is the problem because the low one is locked even though a low signal. My receiver is a 2700 with the dish having only one LNB. Would appreciate any insight. I use the Rogers Rocket for internet so I may have trouble getting back on here right away. I live in the city of Kingston Ont. (on the edge) The Rocket works at times but otherwise useless because of my location. Thanks, CapJohn

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
First thing I would be doing with signal levels like that is re-pointing, they are way too low.

Then see how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts