·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter from Bell Aliant. Here are the changes starting July 1:

HD Advantage decreases in price from $19/month to $12.95
Themes go from $6 to $5.
Additional HD boxes go from $12/month to $5/month

They seem to be doing away with the HD +1, HD +5 business. Now it's all a la carte.

Oh, if you're on 7/1 mbps, you go up to 10/2, which is pretty good for a base package. 20/5 goes to 25/5.

I "think" I'm going to save about $10/month. There's a switch.

I wonder what brought this about? Is there a price war with Rogers?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Well, I guess I can say something now. I've been on the 10/2 profile for a couple of months. I was afraid to say anything incase I lost it :)

2 Mbps upload is great for streaming my movie/TV collect using Orb to my daughter in Ottawa.

The things you can do on a unlimited and unthrottled connection!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
This may actully get me to switch to fibreop, I'd been eyeing it for awhile but it just hasn't been cost effective for me until now, and since i just got a letter telling me my rogers cable price is increasing come july 1st.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I listed everything above. I guess we won't see the difference until the next bill.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got a flyer in the mail today adversiting Fibreop bundles and there was mention of a price drop, is this price drop only for aliantTV and not Fibreop TV? The prices online have yet to change as well

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think the "price drop" refers to the drop in HD price, receiver price, etc etc for FibreOp... I got that too - didn't really read into it much because I'm already hooked up.

We can't get AliantTV out here... can't get it in about 90% of Atlantic Canada, either, really, or so I believe...

Still waiting until tonight (or tomorrow) to see my speed go up to 25/5...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well, right on schedule, my d/l speed is now 25Mbps, up from 20.

Actually, it was stated in my letter that it would be on July 15 - it actually was bumped up last evening - saw it starting to change around 8:00pm, and one speedtest even gave me a spike of 68 Mbps! LMAO!!! Couldn't reproduce it, though... :( oh well - 25 is better than the 3 that I had only 3 months ago.

Website is still not updated.... still shows old rates and speeds...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I never actually got a letter about this, but I got the speed boost too. Was a nice surprise reinstalling things after getting a new system.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Trying to find the prices on BellAliant's site, but it looks like things are finally updated. FibreOp Speeds are all increased!

FibreOp I - 25/5
FibreOp II - 35/10
FibreOp III - 70/15

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why are they giving you goons in NB Fibre before NS huh??? jeeezz... You'd think they would goto the higher population first.. but, looks like they're testing it there before bringing it to Halifax?

·
Registered
90 Posts
is it possible to pick an a-la carte tv package beyond the basic and included HD channels. as with most providers there is only about one channel in each Them pack I really need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Doesn't look like à la carte is available (according to BellAliant web site). You are stuck with $5 packages. So add $5 if you want TSN HD and an other $5 if you want RDS (only available in SD!!!!!).

Worse, there is no "Basic" package. So forget about Fibe TV if you have Basic Digital with Rogers, as Bell's will cost you more (unless, perhaps, you have it in a bundle with things you don't need like home phone and 25 mbps Internet).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts