Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nintendo's hit DS portable machine will come with a digital camera that will allow players to mix images, scribble on photos and create new faces, the Japanese game maker said Thursday.

The Nintendo DSi will go on sale in Japan on Nov. 1 for 18,900 yen ($180), and will be available overseas next year. Dates and other details for overseas plans will be announced later, President Satoru Iwata said.

The new DSi is thinner than the current DS model, and will have a bigger screen, he said. The machine also comes with an audio player, to play sound stored in a memory card.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DSi web browser...

Another interesting fact is that a new internet browser will also be installed on the DSi, allowing people to browse the Web and the DSi Shop to download games and applications to SD cards.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I think this is a normal evolution for this product, but because of the rather young audience at which it is aimed, I'm glad my kids have the current incarnation (without the other bells ad whistles).

As a parent, I think the seperation of devices such as Web browser, camera and portable video game is important (especially to control Web actitivties). AHrd to know what your child is doing when they're lying on their bed holding the device...

I'm sure parental controls will be there especially for internet shopping, but very few people use them.

Also, I can see lots of issues with these devices in elementary schools, due to the presence of the camera.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Anyone remember the Gameboy camera and printer? As long as it's better than that POS I'm sure it will be great!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts