Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just got the nexbox 3.0 firmware upgrade about a week ago. I also got a new Audio Video receiver at around the same time and the nexbox is plugged into the receiver via HDMI port. Since both changes, I noticed when I start playing a recorded show, sometimes it will do weird things. Hard to explain but its kind of like it pauses for a half second, then fast forwards for a half second and repeats. this happens for the first 5 seconds as soon as I start playing the show. then its fine. during this time that its acting like this, the audio and video are out of sync. I'm not sure if its being caused by the receiver or the new firmware. do you think its my receiver or the new firmware.
does anyone else experience this?

·
Super Moderator
56,403 Posts
Try plugging the NB3 directly into the TV to see if the same thing happens. If it does, then it's not the AVR. After that, tell us which make/model TV and AVR you have. Also check out the following thread on IR interference. Sometimes new firmware can make the IR port more sensitive and cause these sorts of issues, or perhaps moving the equipment around caused it to start:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-hdtv-high-definition-television-including-lcd-plasma/64463-your-lcd-plasma-other-stuff-affecting-your-stb-pvr.html

There are many things to try listed in the above link.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know to try it without the AVR plugged in, but I was just wondering if others have heard of this or if its a common problem. I'll try your suggested this weekend. It shouldn't be IR from the TV because I've had my TV for 5 years now and this problem only started about a week ago with the new AVR and nexbox 3 firmware upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
56,403 Posts
IR interference, as I mentioned in my previous post, can arise with changes in firmware and/or if you move your equipment around, etc, so don't rule it out yet, especially if your TV has not been optimized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts