Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from Jobs speach

The new nano, Apple's thinnest ever has a larger screen than its predecessor with a high-res display in portrait mode.

Features: A new curved aluminum design with curved glass over the display, an accelerometer, and the ability to create genius playlists even when it’s not connected to iTunes, voice recording app and “shake to shuffle,” that plays a random song when you shake the iPod in the air.

The new nanos also come in eight colours: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red and pink.

8GB for $149, 16GB for $199.

Canadians can expect to pay $169 for the 8GB version and $219 for the 16GB version

I'll post news release later

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hmmm the ability to create playlists while not connected to Itunes would be sweet. The shaking random thing is a neat gimmick but kinda silly for my use. I can see problems with that if you are running or something and it gets shaken.

Wish you could software update these things to add things like the playlist feature. I'd probably pay 5 or $10 to download that but I wouldn't shell out for a new Nano just to get it.

Hopefully they will also add some sound quality enhancements in addition to just piling on new features.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from press release

Apple today introduced the new fourth generation iPod nano, the thinnest iPod ever featuring a sleek new design with a curved aluminum and glass enclosure, in nine vibrant colors. The new iPod nano incorporates Apple’s breakthrough Genius technology which automatically creates playlists from songs in your music library that go great together, with just one click. The new iPod nano also features a refined user interface, a high resolution portrait display and a built-in accelerometer which automatically switches to Cover Flow when rotated and automatically goes into Shuffle™ mode when lightly shaken.

The new iPod nano gives users up to 24 hours of music playback or four hours of video playback and is available worldwide immediately in an 8GB model for just $149 and a 16GB model for just $199. Both models come in silver, purple, blue, green, orange, yellow, pink, RED and black.

The new iPod nano works with the new iTunes 8 Genius feature, allowing customers to automatically create playlists while on-the-go with their iPod nano. Users can preview the playlist Genius creates, refresh the list to choose different songs and save Genius playlists to enjoy again later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
didn't they just release a new nano a year ago (with the whole Feist "1-2-3..." thing?). I guess it didn't sell very well; they're back to the original shape.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah the third generation was just released on September 5, 2007. Interestingly, the second generation was released in Sept. of 2006. Seems like September is the month for updated Nanos.

·
Registered
185 Posts
8GB for $149, 16GB for $199.
True to the Canadian market form, the 8 GB is priced at 169.99 with 4.99 for pre-orders. The 16 GB is 219.99 with 4.99 for shipping at FS and BB.

I see these have free shipping in the US.

From the initial reviews by PC Mag, the Nano and Touch don't have too much to offer except the accelerometer (but the dial does not flip between vertical and horizontal orientations), Genius (roll eyes) play list creation and the shake to shuffle and the speaker on Touch.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at a .94 cent dollar that's not a huge difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts