Apple announced today that its new models of MacBook Air and Mac Mini computer will go on sale in Apple Stores beginning July 21st.

Both lines of computers feature next generation Intel Core processors, improved graphics, Thunderbolt I/O technology and OS X Lion.
Mac Mini

Apple claims the new Mac mini delivers up to twice the processor and graphics performance of the previous generation in the same compact and efficient aluminum design.

Starting at $599 in Canada and the U.S, the mini will be available in three different configurations. For $599, you'll get a 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 2GB of RAM, 500GB of storage, and Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory. For $799, you'll get a 2.5 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 4GB of RAM, 500GB of storage, and AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR5 memory. A Mac mini with Lion server, 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 4GB of ram, dual 500GB hard drives and Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory is priced at $999.

MacBook Air

Like the Mac Mini, Apple says its latest generation of MacBook Air computers features twice the performance of its predecessors plus Thunderbolt I/O technology, a backlit keyboard and Mac OS X Lion.

Starting at $999, the MacBook Air is available in 11-inch and 13-inch models which are encased in a durable aluminum unibody enclosure which is 0.11-inches at its thinnest point and 0.68-inches at its thickest. Flash storage keeps the laptop light, gives it instant on capabilities and excellent battery life. The 11-inch model weighs 2.38 pounds and is rated for 5 hours of battery life, while the 13-inch weighs 2.96 pounds and is rated for 7 hours of battery life.

The 1.6 GHz 11-inch MacBook Air is available in two models, one with 2GB of memory and 64GB of flash storage for $999, and one with 4GB of memory and 128GB of flash storage for $1,199. The 1.7 GHz 13-inch MacBook Air comes in two configurations, one with 4GB of memory and 128GB of flash storage for $1,299 , and one with 4GB of memory and 256GB of flash storage for $1,599.

Discuss the new computers in Digital Home's Apple Computing Forum