Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The one guy said that Monster is a brand to avoid...would you suggest the same? anything brand your fond of? Im not looking to spend huge bucks yet...when i get outta the place im renting and custom build my home theater then ill spend the money but at the moment just looking to get an ok product that will at the least...get rid of these sparklies.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
If I can get at wholesale pricing, I'd get Monster. There is NOTHING wrong with Monster but the markup. I personally use Monster because I can get a Monster M2000HD at the same price of the same length cheapo RocketFish. Monoprice is ok for shorter length too (I've had several "freak" incidents of Monoprice failure that cost me a lot of time and money), but I can't wait too long when I need a cable (usually for my client).

Power filter will NOT help your problem. If you really want to protect your TV, I strongly suggest APC power surge + power filter + automatic voltage regulator + battery backup that cost around $140-ish from Costco. From my experience in electronic repairs, more problem caused by power-dip (brown-outs) than surge. Cheapo power surge protector (usually sold below $20) just don't work any better than an extension cord.

·
Registered
264 Posts
@Maverick 8teen - do yourself a favour and send Michael TLV a private message to see if he's available to configure your display. He's from Calgary. He did my Phillips a few years ago - very knowledgeable. Else you might be working on this for quite some time with no clear solution.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I concur, PM Michael for the best solution. He's good. I should know, he was my instructor in my THX video calibration class last year (or was it 2 years ago).

21 - 24 of 24 Posts