Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking around the site reading various info and found a lot of good reading here.
I'm looking at getting a satellite system from bell, probably the 9241 for main family entertainment and a 6131 for the bedroom. I'll probably prewire the rooms myself so I can get it the way I want it. I planned on mounting a piece of plywood in the basement and running my cable from there, then have bell install whats needed from their end.
In reading here I see if DPP is used I only need one RG6 from the panel in the basement to the 9241 then a DPP splitter behind the receiver.
Is this the same for the 6131?
Does the bell install include using DPP hardware at this time or are they still using Legacy?
I suppose if Legacy is used I'll have to run 2 lines to the receivers then?

Any help is always appreciated.

Illusion_R

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Standard Installation procedure for an order with a 9241 & 6131 is to use a DPP Twin LNBF and a separator behind the 9241. So you should be fine with 1 line to each location.

Just a word of warning though, if the cable is not on Bell's APL (Approved Parts List) the Tech "should" refuse to use it and replace it. Now will he do that.? I just do not know.

It is best to get good quality RG6, sweep tested to 3Ghz.

If you are in doubt, drop me a PM, with the make and ref# of the Cable I will try to see if I can verify that it is on the APL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and tip Pinza.
I will got this weekend and see what I can find out about the RG6 and let you know.

Illusion_R

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just a quick further comment - you don't need a second cable or a separator with the 6131 - it is a one tuner STB, whereas the 9241 is a two tuner STB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.