Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying a 9241 for my main tv a 6131 for my basement and a 4100 for the bedroom. My house is pre-wired with RG6 to all of these locations. My question is will the tech use a DPP technology or will he use legacy.

Knowing the 9241 requires 2 feeds for the dual tuners will the tech install a DPP multi switch and use a seperator for the second tuner or will a new line be installed and a sw switch be used?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You will get Legacy, an SW44 to be precise.

Bell TV do not yet use the DPP44 switch, if you just had the 9241 & 6131, you would have got a DPP Twin LNBF and a Seperator behind teh 9241 to feed both tuners but as you added the 4100, you have forced them to use Legacy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info

maybe I will just get the 9241 and 6131 and add the 4100 and a DPP44 my self

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That would be the way I would go, just ensure that the lines run from the Dish to a common point, where you can put the DPP44 later. Try to have Hydro at that point too if possible, for the Power Inserter.

All this is of course assuming you are in an area where the Installer has access to the DPP Stock, that is issued by Bell to the National Installers.....

As you do not have your location posted, this is impossible to know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the current lines run into the mechanical room with a plug near by

I really dont want a hole drilled through my wall for the second line needed for the 9241

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Then stick with "Plan "A", 9241 & 6131 and hopefully they will show up with a DPP LNBF.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I would say so, yes.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Please see existing threads to discuss the SW44 or DPP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.