Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a new home and will be purchasing all new equipment...Receiver, Speakers and a Sub. I am currently looking at a Yamaha RX-V2065 receiver, Paradigm AMS 250v3 in-wall and Paradigm AMS 150v3 in-ceiling speakers along with a Paradigm Ultra cube 12 sub woofer. The space is approx. 29'x15' with 10 and 11 foot ceilings.

Will this equipment be adequate?

Are there equivalent speakercraft speakers to the paradigm speakers?

Someone suggested a Velodyne DLS-4000R sub instead of the Ultra Cube 12thoughts?

Please advise

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm estimating that the speakers will be efficient enough for your receiver which means you can probably drive the speakers to volume levels that you may need to fill the room, which is quite big.

I like the choice of the receiver because it has pre-outs. You can easily add a power amp down the road if you find that it doesn't have enough juice especially for music listening if you also intend to use it that way.

Just curious, have you thought of using the AMS-350 for the center?

Finally, some will probably recommend 2 subs for the size of your room. Maybe two 10-inch subs or one 15-inch? I'm experimenting with two 12-inch subs right now and I like the fact that I can keep the volume down on each yet attain enough oomph on both music and movies.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts